armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Where did you get the shims? I just got my car back with the DSS CF Driveshaft FDSH44-C-V2 and the hum and vibrations are unbearable around 80.. they start around 55. It's so bad I just want to go back to stock and return the DS.
I used large washers on mine. But it didn't solve my issues. I either have a bad driveshaft or something else is the matter.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I have an aluminum one, while I like how I could feel the reduced mass I don't think I'd do it all over again. Nvh sucks. Don't believe people telling you "theirs" didn't get any additional nvh. They all do add nvh, some people are just oblivious to it and not as sensitive. The nvh comes from a poor fixed stock s550 pinion angle from what I've been told by a few vendors.
I've seen this problem fixed by using a CV type joint as opposed to a regular U joint at the engine end. Anybody offer this option on their shafts?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have an aluminum DSS shaft. Mine had vibration around 50mph that drove me crazy at first. I reclocked it 3 times before I finally got it smooth. It is very important to make sure all surfaces are extremely clean. No burrs, rust, etc. I have even had too much thread locker squeeze out between the flanges and cause vibration. I have it clearly marked on both ends where to line it up now. I just recently did my clutch and had the DS off and on and still have no vibration with its current orientation.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Same issue here. I installed a DSS carbon fiber driveshaft. At 60 MPH the rearview mirror would have a slight vibration and at 70 MPH a dull roar would begin. It sounded like driving on bad tires. It got steadily worse as the speed increased and above 100 MPH it was very loud.

I clocked the rear 180 degrees. I then shimmed the transmission mount using 2 washers for each bolt. About 70% of the noise and vibration went away, but the mirror still got fuzzy around 70 MPH. I then clocked the front 120 degrees, purchased longer bolts for the transmission mount, and added 2 more washers per bolt. After that the car ran smooth as can be.

The one thing I did notice is that the carbon fiber driveshaft did tone down some of the noise and harshness that I had with the O.E. driveshaft after all the mods I had completed with the rear suspension.

Sponsored

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I've had multiple DSS Shafts. There was a lot more noise and vibration. If you don't have clocked correctly it was like driving down a cobblestone road. I had them replace my shaft twice and decided to sell the 3rd one brand new when it came in. I plan on trying out shaft masters. The 4" dss was also making contact with the parking brake cable retainer on the tunnel.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Where did you get the shims? I just got my car back with the DSS CF Driveshaft FDSH44-C-V2 and the hum and vibrations are unbearable around 80.. they start around 55. It's so bad I just want to go back to stock and return the DS.
I used small horseshoe shims used for mechanical alignment but you can use anything as long as they are the same thickness and support the contact area properly. Some are using flat machine washers.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Same issue here. I installed a DSS carbon fiber driveshaft. At 60 MPH the rearview mirror would have a slight vibration and at 70 MPH a dull roar would begin. It sounded like driving on bad tires. It got steadily worse as the speed increased and above 100 MPH it was very loud.

I clocked the rear 180 degrees. I then shimmed the transmission mount using 2 washers for each bolt. About 70% of the noise and vibration went away, but the mirror still got fuzzy around 70 MPH. I then clocked the front 120 degrees, purchased longer bolts for the transmission mount, and added 2 more washers per bolt. After that the car ran smooth as can be.

The one thing I did notice is that the carbon fiber driveshaft did tone down some of the noise and harshness that I had with the O.E. driveshaft after all the mods I had completed with the rear suspension.
How much total would you say you shimmed it down? 1/2"

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me which bolts you purchased, i'd like to get a set in case i may need them!

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I purchased them from a local supplier of automotive bolts. It's a 12mmx1.75 if I remember correctly. I went with a grade 8 bolt that was 1/2" longer.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased them from a local supplier of automotive bolts. It's a 12mmx1.75 if I remember correctly. I went with a grade 8 bolt that was 1/2" longer.
ok thanks!!!

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I'm positive it's your diff bushing inserts man. I'm having the same issue.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm positive it's your diff bushing inserts man. I'm having the same issue.
Just curious - did you contact DSS, and if so, what was their response?
Sponsored