Sponsored

Ford Racing/Roush Supercharger 670ph - misfiring at low rpm

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had the Ford Racing/Roush 670 Hp installed by dealer before taking delivery. Not even $3k miles on it and went into limp mode twice. Since is has been back to 2 different dealers for a total of 3 weeks and counting. Getting all cylinder misfire when cruising and light load any gear. Anyone else had this issue?

Before I get new tune, I want to make sure the misfire is not being caused by something else. Don't want to compound the issue. But so far Ford Racing thinks it's the tune but can't figure it out.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Very sorry to hear of your troubles, but if you change your calibration so say like a Lund cal. You will void your warranty. My bet it's the calibration though.

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Very sorry to hear of your troubles, but if you change your calibration so say like a Lund cal. You will void your warranty. My bet it's the calibration though.
Got the nGauge from Lund in hand and ready to data log. But first want to make sure the misfire is the tune, which I expect too. But guessing can be costly cause I will void the warranty.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
There is a revised version of the tune expected to be released around the end of the month. Before you go & void your warranty, I'd wait & see how the new tune runs.

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There is a revised version of the tune expected to be released around the end of the month. Before you go & void your warranty, I'd wait & see how the new tune runs.
I read the same online here. But per conversation with Roush last week that was not the case for the phase 1 tune. Only the phase 2.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Speaking of warranty, I would expect the dealership to fix it under warranty no questions asked? Sounds like they've had it for 3 weeks though, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I read the same online here. But per conversation with Roush last week that was not the case for the phase 1 tune. Only the phase 2.
Well that bites, sure sounded like they were upgrading both tunes :(

I've not seen other posts with your particular issue, so it could be something other than the tune. I know how frustrating it is when they can't make progress on these issues, today is day #58 I've been without my car. Doubt I'll see it again other than to pull out my personal stuff. Hope you have better luck with yours.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I went through the same thing.... I feel your pain! I have the NGauge now and don't regret it at all. I would wait for the dealer to fix the issue prior to flashing it though. Mine never misfired. Never threw a code. Just made a horrible noise....

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went through the same thing.... I feel your pain! I have the NGauge now and don't regret it at all. I would wait for the dealer to fix the issue prior to flashing it though. Mine never misfired. Never threw a code. Just made a horrible noise....
Another week - no car. Roush sent different sparkplugs to try. No change. Cylinder all misfiring at low rpm. Now PIDs were sent to Roush to analyze.

Per Ford Regional - if Roush cannot correct, they want to take the car back to stock to test. If that is the case, I don't want this car. Try for Lemon law. I counted 42 days in service since I recd the car. Do they expect I am supposed to wait another 30 days try to figure this out?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Another week - no car. Roush sent different sparkplugs to try. No change. Cylinder all misfiring at low rpm. Now PIDs were sent to Roush to analyze.

Per Ford Regional - if Roush cannot correct, they want to take the car back to stock to test. If that is the case, I don't want this car. Try for Lemon law. I counted 42 days in service since I recd the car. Do they expect I am supposed to wait another 30 days try to figure this out?
HOLY CRAP!!!! 42 days!?!? Yeah dude, get all your paperwork together and get going on that. You paid for monthly payments and you couldn't drive it OVER a month?! And, it's still not fixed. :crazy:
Quick question,....is this a stock Roush Stage 3 car, or did you have the Roushcharger added on after?

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

More than likely they are not going to resolve it, almost everyone that has had this same issue (yes it's a lot of them) have either had the car shipped to Roush, took the SC off or got an aftermarket tune. Just like previous customer issues, it will drag on and on and that I'm truly sorry for. But big companies move slow and all go home at 5pm.

More than likely a tune will fix it, but so will another SC system :D We can help with a simple swap. Remove that one, Roush give $$ back and we'll get the dealer setup so there's almost no loss of $$ for all parties.

Word of advice, put the pressure on the dealer, and I mean pressure, if you don't, it will string on like many others.

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
I have had this on and off including stalling when I first got the car.
Its better since the last tune and seems to depend on how the car feels that particular day.
There is very very little I feel the dealer can do honestly.
Going aftermarket for sure at some point

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HOLY CRAP!!!! 42 days!?!? Yeah dude, get all your paperwork together and get going on that. You paid for monthly payments and you couldn't drive it OVER a month?! And, it's still not fixed. :crazy:
Quick question,....is this a stock Roush Stage 3 car, or did you have the Roushcharger added on after?

His is like mine, S/C added by the dealer not a 'real' Stage 3 car.

Mine has been gone now for 67 days & to my knowledge it's still not fixed. Waiting on Ford legal to issue the buyback check so I can move on :cool:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
His is like mine, S/C added by the dealer not a 'real' Stage 3 car.

Mine has been gone now for 67 days & to my knowledge it's still not fixed. Waiting on Ford legal to issue the buyback check so I can move on :cool:
First they had a glitch that pulled throttle back to 20% after 60 minutes of driving, then severe knocking, horrible transmission shifting on autos (100% stock trans cal), then he implausible torque codes, issues with wheel and axle changes, then the phase 2 debacle. It's amazing this has been going on for nearly 18 months and still people think this is the way to go.

Certainly feel for ya brother, maybe if you get another Mustang you'll give us got opportunity to make you a believer in what a true supercharger experience should be.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My Roush Supercharged GT Stage 1 ran perfect from dealer. No issues here. Palm Beach Dyno started tuning and things got more perfecter. :D
Sponsored