OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you find the lower bolt for the links to be a bear to re-install? I tried to install the links but chickened out when I could not get the bottom bolt to thread in...it was close but chewed up the bolt threads. I was using jack stands so the car was not very high off the ground and it was difficult to pry on it like some videos suggest. May attempt it again this weekend with the car a little higher.
Yes I did. I was also on jack stands and using a jack. It was a little bit of a pain to do. But if you keep working it you will get. I had to break out a mallet and other tools to get it to go in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=7470]jkstang78[/MENTION] Happy to be a part of your build, and glad you noticed a reduction in wheel hop with only a couple of our parts. Definitely keep us updated once you install the remaining Steeda IRS components! :)
Thanks [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], I'm going to be heading down to Florida with the car in a couple of months to visit my father who lives in Naples. I was thinking of bringing the remaining parts to see if you guys would install them as well as do lowering springs and alignment.

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What's the weight difference between the stock and Steeda vertical links? (just curious)
It's not much. Maybe a couple of pounds

Does the vertical link add any NVH?
NO it hasn't on my car

What's the advantage to the vertical links for someone that doesn't drag race so has no concern about wheel hop?
Well it tightens things up and like said before it get's rid of the flex that the thin stock links have.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], I'm going to be heading down to Florida with the car in a couple of months to visit my father who lives in Naples. I was thinking of bringing the remaining parts to see if you guys would install them as well as do lowering springs and alignment.
We can definitely take care of you ... when you have have a date in mind, please email me at [email protected] with your contact info & we can get is scheduled!

Happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We can definitely take care of you ... when you have have a date in mind, please email me at [email protected] with your contact info & we can get is scheduled!

Happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ
Definitely will TJ. I have checked out the Florida facility before when i was down there. Was a nice clean place

Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you find the lower bolt for the links to be a bear to re-install? I tried to install the links but chickened out when I could not get the bottom bolt to thread in...it was close but chewed up the bolt threads. I was using jack stands so the car was not very high off the ground and it was difficult to pry on it like some videos suggest. May attempt it again this weekend with the car a little higher.

First off, I have A LOT of Steeda IRS components and I am extremely pleased & impressed with how well my S550 handles.. So far the investment has been well spent.

As for the lower bolts, the best solution I found was to place a jack under the rear control arm and play with the level. It is a bit tricky but once you get it right the bolt goes in a lot easier. first side took me about 45 mins, the other side in under 20.

Good Luck

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First off, I have A LOT of Steeda IRS components and I am extremely pleased & impressed with how well my S550 handles.. So far the investment has been well spent.

As for the lower bolts, the best solution I found was to place a jack under the rear control arm and play with the level. It is a bit tricky but once you get it right the bolt goes in a lot easier. first side took me about 45 mins, the other side in under 20.

Good Luck
We appreciate your support & feedback - thank you!

Best Regards,

TJ

ThrillSeekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Edition

Good Luck
This :thumbsup:

It took me a bit longer using a jack and stands, but the lower bolt eventually lined up. I also ended up tightening the top bolt to fully seat it, but then slightly loosened it to give it a little bit of play. I experimented with both the height of the jack - and also the placement of the jack under different areas of the control arm to try and assist the alignment. After enough fiddling, the bolt finally caught. And then I drank a beer to celebrate.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love Steeda stuff...
Can't argue with that - Designed, Engineered, Manufactured, Track Tested & Backed by Steeda!

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This

It took me a bit longer using a jack and stands, but the lower bolt eventually lined up. I also ended up tightening the top bolt to fully seat it, but then slightly loosened it to give it a little bit of play. I experimented with both the height of the jack - and also the placement of the jack under different areas of the control arm to try and assist the alignment. After enough fiddling, the bolt finally caught. And then I drank a beer to celebrate.
The celebratory beverage after install is key!

TJ

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally installed my Steeda Extreme G K-member!

I had a minor issue in the beginning but big props to David@Steeda and especially Adam at the Steeda mothership for their assistance (solid dude).

For those that are interested. The K Member lined up nicely and was pretty easy to install. It complements the IRS braces and BMR springs that I have.
I cant wait to get out to the track again with this on now.

Future Steeda mods include the vertical links as well as camber plates, sway bars and shocks (haven't figured out what kind yet though). Maybe a Q series bumper and short throw shifter as well

I accidentally posted this in the wrong area last night after the install...Had too many post-job beers...
Sponsored