Sponsored

Ford Racing/Roush Supercharger 670ph - misfiring at low rpm

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
First they had a glitch that pulled throttle back to 20% after 60 minutes of driving, then severe knocking, horrible transmission shifting on autos (100% stock trans cal), then he implausible torque codes, issues with wheel and axle changes, then the phase 2 debacle. It's amazing this has been going on for nearly 18 months and still people think this is the way to go.

Certainly feel for ya brother, maybe if you get another Mustang you'll give us got opportunity to make you a believer in what a true supercharger experience should be.
I appreciate the offer, but I'll not be getting another Mustang. While I did have some minor issues that were install (i.e. Dealer) & Roush related, the deal breaker was the vibration issue & that's all Ford !

Thinking about a Challenger SRT 392. If I go that route, I'll probably be taking you up on your offer :).
Sponsored

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
More than likely they are not going to resolve it, almost everyone that has had this same issue (yes it's a lot of them) have either had the car shipped to Roush, took the SC off or got an aftermarket tune. Just like previous customer issues, it will drag on and on and that I'm truly sorry for. But big companies move slow and all go home at 5pm.

More than likely a tune will fix it, but so will another SC system :D We can help with a simple swap. Remove that one, Roush give $$ back and we'll get the dealer setup so there's almost no loss of $$ for all parties.

Word of advice, put the pressure on the dealer, and I mean pressure, if you don't, it will string on like many others.
Dealer that did the install - completely horrible. I went today for service records and they conveniently don't have any record of the last 2 times in for service for the misfires where car was there weeks.

New Dealer - nothing but great. They are on point. Should have bought the car there. If this goes Lemon I will go to them for the purchase

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
My Roush Supercharged GT Stage 1 ran perfect from dealer. No issues here. Palm Beach Dyno started tuning and things got more perfecter. :D
Can you pm me costs associated with this please

GTStark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Roush SuperCharged
I installed Roush Phase at 5000 miles and now have 31,000 miles on my car. I just went with a nGauge and have been logging the car for them. I received my first revision and it is night and day difference between the Roush tune and the Lund tune. The car feels like a totally different car. I don't know why I waited so long to get it tuned.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
His is like mine, S/C added by the dealer not a 'real' Stage 3 car.
Mine has been gone now for 67 days & to my knowledge it's still not fixed. Waiting on Ford legal to issue the buyback check so I can move on :cool:
WOW,...that is horrible.Over 2 months?! I would be beside myself.
Good luck going forward. :thumbsup:
(I do see your screen name on hellcat.org every once in a while. I'm selling my current car, '13 Roush Stage 3. Car is a 10 out of 10 as far as paint/interior/and condition goes. Only 3k on the clock. Still brand new and well kept. I'm interested in a 2017 GoMango Hellcat Challenger as well as some other cars.)

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
WOW,...that is horrible.Over 2 months?! I would be beside myself.
Good luck going forward. :thumbsup:
(I do see your screen name on hellcat.org every once in a while. I'm selling my current car, '13 Roush Stage 3. Car is a 10 out of 10 as far as paint/interior/and condition goes. Only 3k on the clock. Still brand new and well kept. I'm interested in a 2017 GoMango Hellcat Challenger as well as some other cars.)
Yeah, it sucks. They asked me if I wanted a replacement & I passed. This was suppose to be fun then turned into a nightmare, don't much feel like having another go at it.

There are some wicked good deals out there on the Cats right now. You might have an issue with the GoMango tho, not seeing a lot of them. I had the same issue last year trying to snag a Sublime one :( I've been looking at B5 (discontinued in '17) or Maximum Steel. Seeing a lot of B5 with that sepia interior which I personalty detest. Still dithering with getting a 392 & S/Cing it myself or just going for the Cat.

Good luck with your search & selling your S3 - I've always admired it & I'm sure others do as well. Should be a easy sale.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I installed Roush Phase at 5000 miles and now have 31,000 miles on my car. I just went with a nGauge and have been logging the car for them. I received my first revision and it is night and day difference between the Roush tune and the Lund tune. The car feels like a totally different car. I don't know why I waited so long to get it tuned.
Nice that you got a great tune now for your ride. The Roush supercharger is a nice package, they just need a better driveable and more stout tune which they are working on. I still believe that if you want to get the potential out of the package then remote or dyno tune with a few of the top tuners. I will more than likely be putting the stage 2 on my ride for various reasons but having PBD (Ken) tune it. I will also be adding ID1000 injectors, the upgraded VMP TB and dual fan heat exchanger. Should get upper 600's in HP. Will be documented in my build thread. Should be soon. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dealer that did the install - completely horrible. I went today for service records and they conveniently don't have any record of the last 2 times in for service for the misfires where car was there weeks.

New Dealer - nothing but great. They are on point. Should have bought the car there. If this goes Lemon I will go to them for the purchase
Must say - paying the $995 for the Roush Warranty is a waste of money. 2nd Ford dealer confirm all cylinders misfire and they think it's the tune. Roush asks for data, dealer sends it asap and then Roush sits for days doing nothing I call myself and get them to open their emails/logs to look. Dealer has had it as well. They show me proof of what was sent and recd confirmation by Roush. But you call Roush and get nowhere.

ROUSH = WRONG CHOICE

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Must say - paying the $995 for the Roush Warranty is a waste of money. 2nd Ford dealer confirm all cylinders misfire and they think it's the tune. Roush asks for data, dealer sends it asap and then Roush sits for days doing nothing I call myself and get them to open their emails/logs to look. Dealer has had it as well. They show me proof of what was sent and recd confirmation by Roush. But you call Roush and get nowhere.

ROUSH = WRONG CHOICE
Just tell them to give your money back, plus removal fee, then we'll get you taken care of so you can enjoy your car! A S550 is too fun to have in the shop all the time.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Nice that you got a great tune now for your ride. The Roush supercharger is a nice package, they just need a better driveable and more stout tune which they are working on. I still believe that if you want to get the potential out of the package then remote or dyno tune with a few of the top tuners. I will more than likely be putting the stage 2 on my ride for various reasons but having PBD (Ken) tune it. I will also be adding ID1000 injectors, the upgraded VMP TB and dual fan heat exchanger. Should get upper 600's in HP. Will be documented in my build thread. Should be soon. :thumbsup:
Just curious, not giving you a hard time, but why :shrug:? Your gonna put more money in that then just getting our system which has been proven in every way to be better.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My car is sponsored and even with upgrades the cost is much cheaper. Iam weighing all the options that are out there. Your system is one of them. Iam also 30 minutes from the Roush facility. They take very good care of me. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update - as of yesterday Roush decided to arrange my car to be shipped to MI for them to try to solve the misfire issue. I guess that is progress?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Update - as of yesterday Roush decided to arrange my car to be shipped to MI for them to try to solve the misfire issue. I guess that is progress?
Just tell them to give your money back, you've got a better option :D

OP
OP
cdmustang2016

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just tell them to give your money back, you've got a better option :D
Believe me that has been on mind. My bigger concern is the misfires are not due to the tune or anything related to the supercharger install and the car is a lemon. So regardless of what system is on this car, it would not run right. I can only wait now. By the time I get it back it will be fall/winter in NJ and the car will be in storage to the spring.

Already been looking at the Whipple system and doing my research. Nothing but positive.
Sponsored