vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I tend to have that problem only at shell stations. Other stations no problem
Not shell but there is a grocery chain based gas station here that I cannot fill at (Hy-Vee for you mid-westerners). All of their pumps, at any of the 3 locations I tried stop on me. I have not had a problem at ANY other provider.
Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Crap.. I didn't even know this was an issue. This happened to me last night on just my second fill up at a Chevron. It didn't happen the first time at a different Chevron.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I tried it again at a different Exxon with the handle side way. I usually pump Exxon or Shell. it works. Let see if this fix itself. If not, Ill take it in.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Ive noticed with valero i have problems. But shell and quicktrip no issues. But those two are newer stations.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I think the newer gas stations is the problem

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The vent tube is plugging off.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I only take mine to the same Sunoco station here in town and never had the problem. OP, do you have stage II vapor recovery in your area? Meaning, is there a black rubber boot around the nozzle? (Like used to be on dirt bike forks). When I was in the petroleum field, some people used to have that same issue, but was rare. There's a little tube inside the nozzle end that senses the gas fumes to shut the pump off when you're about full so you don't spill it everywhere. As someone said earlier, it could possibly be a crimped fill tube, sending the fumes back to the nozzle and shutting it down. Or like bluebeastsrt said, your tank's vent tube. Pulling it back out some and pumping slower sucks. Feels like you're there an hour to get go-go juice.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Some stations does have that boot. Those def do not work for me. So far only turning the handle side way works and at an older gas station.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Alright, I officially have this problem as well. I had to fill up sideways last night. OP - did you take your car in to the dealer for this? I don't know if it's worth taking mine in for this reason..

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Any updates on this? This just happened to me for the first time. I usually fill up at the same Shell station. Today, the pump kept clicking every 5 seconds. I tried to reseat the nozzle and nothing was working. I didn't try to hold the nozzle upside down. Did anyone take their car to the dealer to get it looked at?

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I did not take my car into dealership. I pump it sideway a few times and the problem is gone now.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I took my new RV on a long trip. The tank was nearly empty when I stopped at a BP station in Utah. Even at the slowest setting, the nozzle kept shutting off. I even moved to another pump with the same result. How long do you think it takes to fill 55 gallons at a trickle?
Sponsored