Sponsored

Ikon Motorsports/Advance Tuning LLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0, 2016 Ram 3500
Mixed feelings on this one, story below.

On 7/19 I placed a call to Ikon as well a sent a text to Angela (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52893), their rep on this forum. I asked the guy from Ikon if there is any way that I could have the bumper delivered by friday and that I would gladly pay additional for expedited shipping. The car was backed in to and the bumper that was on it was in rough shape and it was due to be dropped off on saturday for repairs. I was informed that expedited shipping was not available, but the product should be there friday.

After not receiving a tracking number or a response from Angela on Thursday afternoon, I went into her thread and made a post as well as shot out a message via their facebook page. Mike (I am assuming either the owner or manager) got back with me late thursday and was very apologetic and sincere about trying to solve the issue. With it being as late as it was, he said there is no way to get the bumper to me by saturday but he did offer to paint match it for me and get it to me by middle of the following week. They sent me another invoice within the hour and I paid for it instantly.

On monday I got a tracking number and on Wednesday (7/27), I picked the product up from a local shipping facility so that I could install it that day.

The install gave me a little bit of trouble due to the bottom skid plate of the mustang not matching up to their bumper perfectly. I tried to contact them again to see if I needed a Performance Pack plate and it took about an hour to get a response. He placed what I guess is one of his installers on the phone who said he would Face Time me within 30 minutes to see if he can figure the issue out while looking at it. Over an hour went by and I had to get it done, so I just drilled 4 new holes into the skid plate and got this thing mounted.

The product itself looked great, everything on the top matched up nicely and the gaps between bumper and fender looked sharp, except for the paint.

The color was a few shades lighter. I mean... it's really off, take a look for yourself.

By the time it was all said and done, it was about 2 1/2 hours after the first conversation and the tech is finally calling me back. I told him it's on and figured out and wished him a good day.

I sent a text to mike after this telling him the paint was way off and asked him to give me a call. No response. Texted him this morning saying I was up and running for the day, no response. Called him around lunch time and then again later in the afternoon, no response.

I finally took the car to a body shop only to receive a estimate of 600.00 to get this thing taken apart, stripped, re-painted and blended in order for it to match my car. The guy said if the bumper were still raw, it would cost about half of that.

After still not hearing anything back, I finally just decided to open a paypal dispute for the 600 and I guess we will see how that goes.

The product is awesome, it looks great. Their customer service is horrible, their communication sucks and their problem resolution is almost non existent.
Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Could you upload a pic from the front so I can see the overall result? Thank you.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Same goes to the roush style spoiler they sale. If you paid with PayPal, open dispute or work out a deal to get some of the money back. $400-$500 you can get a good paint job.

Paint looks way off and the you way too much gaps between the headlights and bumper.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
The body line on the passenger side isn't lined up, you can see the gap difference (between the bumper & headlight) from the drivers side. I mean it's way off. :ninja:

My car is a Magnetic as well and considered their bumper early on. Looks like I will continue to wait and see. Though I am more local to them, i ain't too keen on driving down south if there is an issue especially multiple ones.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0, 2016 Ram 3500
They refunded me 100 bucks after I got a quote of 600 to strip, primer and paint the bumper. I can't return this damn thing as of right now as I scrapped the factory bumper.

Once it is all said and done, I will be out of pocket 750 (their bumper), 600 (strip, prime and re-paint) and all of my time for the product to be decent looking.

Stay away.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Take them to small claims court. When they recieve the letter they will pay up.you have all the proof.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0, 2016 Ram 3500
Small claims is useless. They offered to take the product back for a full refund, but until I get a replacement bumper of sorts, I am unable to return it. It is what it is. 500 dollar loss to me is not worth trying to sue somebody a few states away sadly.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For some reason I though you were local to them. But yeah you are right. Can admins here ban them from mustang6g?
Sponsored