Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Received this response from Imgur. Since we are not getting rid of our classifieds section it looks like everyone will have to use another image hosting site or better yet, upload it directly to your post. Unfortunately it is out of our hands.

Thanks for writing. Unfortunately that forum has been blocked from hotlinking due to abuse of Imgur's terms of service (http://imgur.com/tos). Imgur's ToS prohibits using Imgur as a content delivery network, which means that website elements such as buttons, banners, avatars, frames, image libraries, etc. cannot be hosted on Imgur and served up as elements of other sites. Imgur's intended use is not as a CDN, but rather as a platform to upload, share and browse entertaining images, which is why using it to serve website elements or image libraries is not allowed.

Please also be aware, that any forum that has a section dedicated to selling, such as classified are also against the advertising portion of the TOS.

If you'd like to be unblocked, please take measures to undo the functionality that caused the terms of service breach, at which point we'd be happy to review.

Please let me know if you have any other questions; I'd be happy to help.

Best,

Isaac K.
Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Wow, so you would think nearly every auto forum would be blocked because who doesn't use imgur for uploads. Terrible.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wow, so you would think nearly every auto forum would be blocked because who doesn't use imgur for uploads. Terrible.
I've asked that exact question, why M6G was singled out when it is allowed on other forums with classifieds. Not expecting a response.

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Mother eff. So we all have use another image hosting site and re-upload everything? Booooooooooo

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i got so many pics, re-uploading ain't happening.

so aggravating. been using imgur for so long.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mother eff. So we all have use another image hosting site and re-upload everything? Booooooooooo
You can upload pictures for the forum directly to the forum.

From a member perspective that is 10000% better than any image hosting site because they don't disappear when a member deletes them from the hosting site or closes the account, etc..

It's not uncommon to search for information and finding old posts that would answer your questions except the pictures are long gone because the member left/deleted/etc..

It's great that Mustang6G is so liberal about how much you can upload here. Many forums are too cheap and force you to use a hosting site.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You can upload pictures for the forum directly to the forum.

From a member perspective that is 10000% better than any image hosting site because they don't disappear when a member deletes them from the hosting site or closes the account, etc..

It's not uncommon to search for information and finding old posts that would answer your questions except the pictures are long gone because the member left/deleted/etc..

It's great that Mustang6G is so liberal about how much you can upload here. Many forums are too cheap and force you to use a hosting site.
From a pic owner perspective it's terrible. Should I decide I want to take my pics offline for any reason, I can't short of editing each post.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
any update on this?

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
No, since we are not about to remove the classifieds section.

If it matters, according to imgur someone reported the site for TOS violation.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
No, since we are not about to remove the classifieds section.

If it matters, according to imgur someone reported the site for TOS violation.
Wow, no idea why anyone would even bother doing that...
Sponsored