• Total voters

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
We call that a whore. :lol: We had a active member come into our barracks and boy oh boy she was active. :lol:
Barracks?

Please tell me more.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Kenny Bell...

NJDAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Platinum White
Where in jersey are you? I'd love to check that setup out
I live up in Sussex county NJ. 2 hours away from Philly.

cobra99dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Where in jersey are you? I'd love to check that setup out
I'm 15 minutes south of Philly in the burbs if you are interested in checking out a 3.2 KB setup for comparison sake. I'm always up for scaring the crap out of passengers!

Sponsored

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
I'm 15 minutes south of Philly in the burbs if you are interested in checking out a 3.2 KB setup for comparison sake. I'm always up for scaring the crap out of passengers!
Hell yeah! Where abouts? I live in Abington, pa

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Whipple Issues ....

I have had so many issues with my Whipple setups (second one here in the 700whp + club), for starters my biggest problem is how nice it looks under the hood, I mean these guys at Whipple seriously screwed the pooch when they designed this setup with all the OEM quality fittings, hoses, connections, sometimes I have to explain to people at car meets or the track that it WASNT installed from the factory like that. Its really a huge huge issue for me. The fit and finish is like they spent over a year just on design, even the install seemed so well thought out, I was pissed when it was done in one afternoon.

My next biggest gripe is all the upgrades Whipple has done and continues to do. Its like they have no better time to waste than continue to test and improve on an already stellar kit. I mean WTH. First it was the upgraded heat exchanger, which just to add to the issues list was THE BIGGEST water to air ever offered in a kit by any supercharger company even before the fans, then they stuffed two fans on it??!!. Now I have some of the lowest intake temps I have ever recorded on PD blower, huge huge problem. Then it was the 132MM throttle body, like I'm not already making more horsepower per pound of boost than any other PD blower in this size for this motor, now the damn thing has to be even more efficient and needs to spun LESS hard to make the same boost. Ugh, and then the biggest issue I have had of all, they come out with this issue free, Ford engineered, flash programmer called a Flare tool. I mean now what...you mean to tell me I don't have to log the car 15 times, wait for 3 or 4 weeks, or get into a pissing match with some tuner across the country when the car doesn't run right??? Oh and then a few months later Whipple upgrades the tuning AGAIN to have even better failsafes and give the end user control over them?? Even worse, if I want to throw on a smaller pulley and run balls out at the track, you mean to tell me the tune is good enough to handle it without 15 more logs, 3-4 weeks, and more pissing and moaning? I don't know, really irks me to have it be this simple, I really enjoyed that aspect of some of my other procharger and VMP installs, I enjoyed the waiting weeks after they were all installed for the email from my tuner so I could start it for the first time.

Then was the intercooler pump upgrade...bolt in replacement for the stock supplied pump. Flows almost 2x as much at almost the same amp draw. Immediately I noticed my idle IATs and recovery times dropped like a rock. I used to have to let the car cool down between runs with my friends and I was able to complain about the power loss if I raced back to back, NOW I have no real excuse, kills me, THANKS AGAIN for the problem.

Few months ago for whatever reason Whipple decided to LISTEN to some of their customers mentioning the lack of improvement in IATs from the dual fan setups at cruising speeds and their really noisiness, so they put out what literally looks like a regular car radiator for a heat exchanger upgrade. seriously, another huge issue for me. My intake temps post blower are now even MORE stable and seem to just NEVER ever rise, even after a long WOT pull. I have tried calling them to ask what I should do about the lack of heat soak, and those dopes just told me they found the same results after nearly a year of testing, yet they make this available to EVERYONE??? Huge problem.

I just couldn't believe Whipple offered a 10 rib setup from the get go, I mean what is with these guys. Its like they assume their blower can make HUGE power when really pushed hard and might be helpful to have a solid 10 rib setup for those looking for some REAL power. Shame on them for assuming they could put lots of these s550's into the 9's, then into the 8's. This was a huge problem for me, no other kit offers it.

I don't know, too many issues for me. And I have read on these forums lots of other people with these same problems, no idea why they are so popular. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely do more research about all these issues, for sure I would buy THE SAME EXACT KIT.
I guess some people don't know that Shelby is running Whipple in their Super Snakes. :lol: I guess if its good enough for a Shelby Super Snake its good enough for my 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium. :D
shelby-50th-anniversary-super-snake-09-640x427-c.jpg

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you really can't go wrong with any of the kits on these cars, just comes down to your goals.

our custom hellion setups and whipple setups do a great job,

just gotta decide which way you like the boost

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Customer installing our 1200hp capable entry level twin kit. Starting at 5995.00, it's the best bang for the buck, while still buying American made!
Very nice man !
Hey have you forgotten about the "promo "?
Damn car is just sitting ....waiting to go fast !
Please call me .

Prbarnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 tuned f150 ecoboost, 2015 gt premium auto
Travis, do you have any videos of your kit in action?

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Simple post, simple point : if you’re looking for a reason not to go Whipple, you need to try the Whipple. Mines a DD street car, it’s tremendously fun.
Sponsored