480HP Roush package

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how you can state that "most tunes and such are a-ok". Even flashed back, there are counters that designate there was a change, and that can easily be enough for them to deny coverage. Then the burden shifts to you.

Warranty's may not be 'voided', but claims are denied all the time for modifications. Ford is not required to prove anything to make a denial. The standard is a preponderance of evidence if it gets to that point. Is the nature of the modification one which could reasonably lead to the defect? An aftermarket performance tune is by definition sending performance parameters which are out of manufacturers specifications.

The ball is then in your court to hire a lawyer and instigate action against them in front of a jury. Battling it out over a tune with experts on both sides is incredibly costly, far beyond what you are likely due, and its generally not worth the headache. There are attorney fee provisions in Magnusson Moss (if you win) but its a huge time sink. Literally a year or longer.

The value of the warranty claim must be high enough to fight.
The claim must be so good and obvious on its face to get an attorney to file it. Denying a claim is cheap and easy for the manufacturer. Especially if someone is messing around with performance parts and tunes.
I am going to say if he has a bad control arm Ford is going to have a hard time denying that because of the tune.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not sure how you can state that "most tunes and such are a-ok"...........
A-o.k. in that they're safe, and not going to cause any warranty claims.

In fact, I've been here awhile, and not read about anyone harming their motor at all. That's a big difference from 2010-2011 when the Coyotes first came out, along with the first tunes. Engine failures were common, #8 cylinders were being eaten.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
480HP? is that @ the wheels? or @ the crank?
There is no way a tune + intake/exhaust will get you to 480WHP...

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
480HP? is that @ the wheels? or @ the crank?
There is no way a tune + intake/exhaust will get you to 480WHP...

It's FWHP, but still pretty optimistic.

The only proven producer in the trio is the tune. :headbang:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Might get that power, if, without all the tacky Roush bolt-on's are left in the box.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Nobody who is in the business of selling horsepower uses wheel horse power as their figures. Which is clear why, because too many people don't understand the difference between the two. 480CHP should be around 410whp in a manual which is about what you should be seeing with an exhaust, intake and tune.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
We need to dispense with this non-sense.

No, you will not "lose your warranty". A warranty claim might be denied if Ford can prove that the mod caused the situation that needed to be repaired. Since most tunes and such are a-ok, there's nothing to worry about.

The car is still under warranty, and it's in full effect. If something else like a bad control arm needs to be replaced under warranty, it will be. Even if they deny some other warranty claim on something you modified.
I'm not sure there's nothing to worry about, unless the mods come with an upfront warranty.

It's Fords lawyers against yours. Good luck with that.

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
Sounds like you have a pretty decent deal on it. My Premium, performance pack Ruby red GT, without the 401a package, was about $37k when I bought it last year. Sticker was about $42,300. It is plenty of power for me as a daily, after coming from my 87 5.0 LX, but I might look into more once the warranty is gone and it is paid off. Good luck and enjoy it!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Nobody who is in the business of selling horsepower uses wheel horse power as their figures. Which is clear why, because too many people don't understand the difference between the two. 480CHP should be around 410whp in a manual which is about what you should be seeing with an exhaust, intake and tune.
You need at least 423 whp to get 480 crank due to manual cars drive train loss being around 12 to 10%. The ways to get that is gt350 manifold, intake, catback, tune (93 or E85) or intake and full exhaust, tune (93 or E85). You are not hitting those numbers with the Roush package. They probably tested one car on a high reading dyno and called the day. If that car runs high 11's with 116 to 117 mph then that must be the real deal!

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The coyote is not a torque monster and the Mustang is a relatively heavy car. I agree that the stock car is a bit "soft" down low but that can be solved with gearing (Performance Package has 3:73 out of the box). That being said, I went with the FR/Roush Phase I S/C package and have no regrets. The power is amazing in 3rd & 4th gear pulls......can't imagine the guys that are pushing these cars to 1,000 HP.....the claimed 670 of the FR/Roush package is almost unusable on the street as is.........but sure if fun to see the look on people's faces riding in the passenger seat.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
In the real world vs bench racing, if you live in the city you can't open the car up for long even when it's stock. When wound out in 3rd gear, my PP is breaking the law unless I'm on the hwy. On-ramps are the only thing that comes close to letting me test the car out properly around town. Country roads afford me better opportunities and there's a few around here. With all that said I would be all over a HP increase because "enough" is always a little more than we have.

RubyVert50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0 convertible
Well this thread went sideways. The warranty is a concern and risk... you decide...

Can we talk about what is working and getting bang for the buck? I am looking for a intake/tune/exhaust combo that won't put me in the doghouse but leaves me grinnin'!
I like the Ford Performance pack2 and the Roush Performance pack2 ... and then an axle back I'm all over the page can't decide. I have a convertible so don't want LOUD but I want some solid tones and of course there is the fitment concern with the vert.. All that said I've used K&N and Superchips and Flowmaster on multiple F150's... and its been solid... What's everybody like?
Sponsored