Sponsored

GT Performance Package

Do you think the GT Performance Package is worth the money?

• Total voters

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There is a reason why Fast & Furious became such a popular movie. Maybe you are out of touch with that reason - Street Racing became popular because in some areas of the country there are no race tracks to put tires to. So 1/4 street racers would have to go late nights to warehouse districts - a little history for you. :cool:
In my mid 30s, well aware and was in college when the movies came out. I was talking street racing against ones self through traffic, those people, not at night empty roads.

Oh by the way I don't condone street racing of any kind on public roads. I run into those idiots on a daily basis in their fart cans.
Those are not driving skills its just plain stupid. :mad:
Those would be the people I speak of, the "wannabes" who dont have enough skill or mods to be driving like they do.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Beer Summit then ...

In my mid 30s, well aware and was in college when the movies came out. I was talking street racing against ones self through traffic, those people, not at night empty roads.

Those would be the people I speak of, the "wannabes" who dont have enough skill or mods to be driving like they do.
We agree to agree. :cheers: :thumbsup:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
We agree to agree. :cheers: :thumbsup:
No issues, just dont know why someone wanted to go off half cocked thinking "that song was about them." Took it just a BIT too personal for such a general comment about drivers generally.

sspfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 ssp notch, '16 Gt/pp
No issues, just dont know why someone wanted to go off half cocked thinking "that song was about them." Took it just a BIT too personal for such a general comment about drivers generally.
Well you did quote me and my whole one sentence and then went on a multiple paragraph rant about how I should turn in my man card and how people like me are a-holes...etc. I thought it was disrespectful and gave it right back. :ford:

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
I commute 35 miles each way in the thing, and I always feel like it's not supposed to be a commuter. It sounds mean and angry, it feels potholes, it's like this menacing racecar when running around town. It *doesn't belong,* and that's why I love it.

Sadly, when I said I don't push it, I meant it. I take the same curves in my Tacoma TRD on AT tires as fast or faster than the GT. I guess it's just the past 7 years of driving it and knowing its limits, or maybe it's just that it gives feedback much earlier. I presume the GT would give me the same feedback but I haven't even reached that point yet. Never chirped the tires in a curve, and have only broken traction in a straight line when I want to (which is pretty often..lol). I'm kinda scared to do it..lol. I need a flat curvy stretch of road with a level grassy area on both sides. I need to find that this year.
I concur. I wanted it for the performance parts, the look, and the potential for track duty one day. At first I thought it was a bit harsh, but I soon got used to it. My commute is about 9 miles, and I drive it carefully 95% of the time, with a few quick blasts here and there, like I did with my 87 5.0 LX for 24 years prior as my daily. It is a fun commuter car.

I enjoy how tight it is, and really enjoyed running it on a road race track (TWS) for a few laps one day last year. On the parade laps we ran it fairly hard, no squealing tires in the curves, but you could just feel how well it handled. I can't wait to get back out there again! I know it was the right purchase for me.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
If you drive the car spiritedly at all you'll notice an immediate difference. The stock non-pp suspension makes the car feel like a big wallowing boat. The difference is huge.
Agreed.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Why do a lot of you folks prefer 3.55gears or 3.31 gears over the 3.73gears?
Few reasons:

FI, longer gears means a little less shifting although you will not find much of a difference between 3.73 and 3.55. Lower gears means better chance for grip in first and what some would say as a more "useful" gear since the times are longer to shift on 3.31's.

Highway mileage for those who care.

My 2002 LS1 Camaro had 3.73's and I enjoyed the shifting. Sure, first gear is short, but it made driving very enjoyable going through the gears. Besides, the Torsen LSD is what makes the 3.73's worth it.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Yes. For a cruiser, curve buster, track car totally.

If you plan on building a car for drag, street drag, adding FI probably not. You will want an auto with longer gears. Everyone who has a PP that has went with supercharger always seems to want to upgrade the gearing because the car blows the tires out from 1-3. Plus if you want a drag car, you want smaller brakes up front. You want an auto and not a manual because they just do better and handle power better.

This alone is probably why I plan on sticking with what I have and not dumping money into it. I just have a FF tune which I think puts the PP car at the perfect power point. Taking it onto the mountain curves I don't feel like I have to leave a lot on the table.

Even if you plan on changing out the suspension there is way more than enough that makes it worth it.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I too have a Tacoma TRD (daily), after driving the Tacoma Monday-Thurs/Friday then jumping in the Mustang, it feels like a precision machine, tight, precise and very fast. Monday morning comes along and the Tacoma feels sloppy, loose, lots of body roll, and very slow by Tuesday/Wednesday I am readjusted and looking forward to the thrills of the Car at the end of the week. That is my normal week to week driving experience.
When I'm back in the truck, I feel like my motor is lethargic, the steering is off, and the brakes are horrendous..LOL. Really, all brakes feel like they need changed after a day with the Brembos.

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
When I'm back in the truck, I feel like my motor is lethargic, the steering is off, and the brakes are horrendous..LOL. Really, all brakes feel like they need changed after a day with the Brembos.
When I get in my F250 after driving the mustang it feels more like this:

204b1e7ac6c13b3216fd3bfa199edfda.jpg
Obviously neither of you have a new F-150 (aluminum body) with 3.5L ecoboost. Test drive one, and put it in Sport mode. Seriously, it feels like driving a sports car. Nimble is the best word for it! Whenever, I need to merge in to traffic (accelerate faster), I double tap the stalk (once for tow mode, 2nd time puts it in sport) and away I go.

I had a 2012 F-150 ecoboost and it was pretty fast and handled ok. But then the 2015's came out & were 700 lbs lighter, with the same brakes and a slightly more powerful version of the ecoboost and it blew my mind.

Actually, it took some getting used to how good the brakes are. At first, I'd tap them and everything went flying off ALL of the seats. Kids booster seats (empty) in the back went flying, stuff on my passenger seat I often carry around, etc...

Anyway, point is, the "new" 2015+ F150's are crazy fast and light for a truck.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Obviously neither of you have a new F-150 (aluminum body) with 3.5L ecoboost. Test drive one, and put it in Sport mode. Seriously, it feels like driving a sports car. Nimble is the best word for it! Whenever, I need to merge in to traffic (accelerate faster), I double tap the stalk (once for tow mode, 2nd time puts it in sport) and away I go.

I had a 2012 F-150 ecoboost and it was pretty fast and handled ok. But then the 2015's came out & were 700 lbs lighter, with the same brakes and a slightly more powerful version of the ecoboost and it blew my mind.

Actually, it took some getting used to how good the brakes are. At first, I'd tap them and everything went flying off ALL of the seats. Kids booster seats (empty) in the back went flying, stuff on my passenger seat I often carry around, etc...

Anyway, point is, the "new" 2015+ F150's are crazy fast and light for a truck.
Yeah, but they don't come in stick. :doh:

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Beer Summit

Well you did quote me and my whole one sentence and then went on a multiple paragraph rant about how I should turn in my man card and how people like me are a-holes...etc. I thought it was disrespectful and gave it right back. :ford:
:cheers:

Yeah I was offended with the whole speed racer comment. Hey I was always defend and protect my little brother. ;) :lol: :lol:

:ford:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
it's definitely worth it. I test drove a 3.31 gt and thought it felt like a gutless wallowing boat. Then drove a PP car and it felt pretty good with some actual pep. the PP suspension still feels floaty and barge-like, but it's ok. I'm just used to small nimble sports cars. The PP is worth it for the radiator, gears, and brakes alone.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Agreed !

it's definitely worth it. I test drove a 3.31 gt and thought it felt like a gutless wallowing boat. Then drove a PP car and it felt pretty good with some actual pep. the PP suspension still feels floaty and barge-like, but it's ok. I'm just used to small nimble sports cars. The PP is worth it for the radiator, gears, and brakes alone.
I could always just add some Steeda suspension components to tighten things up. :thumbsup:
Sponsored