Sponsored

EcoBoost Overboost Condition- Check Engine Light

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
So last night on an entrance ramp my car decided to throw a light (code P0234) after gear 1-3 run up to about 75. Following this acceleration run, I cannot get any power under acceleration regardless of if I mat the gas pedal...UNTIL I turned the car off and back on. Then, all was back to normal, but my light was on.

So I took it to the dealership this morning, and they could not figure out anything from tests. (then proceeded to stop working on my car assumably so they could go back to doing $50 oil changes). They cleared the code and told me to come back if the light returns.

Help me out, is anything broke, or is the charge pipe just loose like many other EcoBoosts in the past? Or was it just a fluke?
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So last night on an entrance ramp my car decided to throw a light (code P0234) after gear 1-3 run up to about 75. Following this acceleration run, I cannot get any power under acceleration regardless of if I mat the gas pedal...UNTIL I turned the car off and back on. Then, all was back to normal, but my light was on.

So I took it to the dealership this morning, and they could not figure out anything from tests. (then proceeded to stop working on my car assumably so they could go back to doing $50 oil changes). They cleared the code and told me to come back if the light returns.

Help me out, is anything broke, or is the charge pipe just loose like many other EcoBoosts in the past? Or was it just a fluke?
I don't have an ecoboost but Id like to help so I did some looking around online and it seems that an issue with the wastegate can cause this code. When the boost pressure cannot be relieved fast enough it may have caused your engine to see more boost than it was designed for as little a time as 5 seconds. Could be the wastegate sticking, could be the solenoid controlling the wastegate is sticking, or possibly the control hose is being blocked or partially blocked preventing the relief of the extra air.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...ode-engine-overboost-condition-by-jay-safford

Whatever happens, keep us updated and good luck!

**More Knowledgable people on the ecoboost engine should chime in soon!**