Sponsored

2012 Boss 302- Bucket list day

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
So, while waiting for front coilovers to be installed at a local shop, RPM Northwest, the shop owner tossed me the keys to one of his cars, a BOSS 302. After realizing he wasn't kidding and that I could take it for a few hours, I took it to the car wash, filled the tank with gas and hit the gorge, a nice twisty road nearby.

The BOSS has always been a dream car, after seeing the originals coming down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, I have always wanted to drive a BOSS any BOSS, so getting to drive one, well the little boy was free and had keys to a real BOSS.

Having driven one of my other dream cars, and been intensely disappointed (Lamborghini Diablo SV ) I was hoping this would not let me down, it did not.

Most cars you have can fairly easily find the limit on, this one, the limit seemed to be the driver, diving into corners, listening to the engine screaming shifting at 7800k, the car just seemed more planted the faster I went, it was intensely satisfying almost like the car was just begging to be pushed harder.

I called my daughter who is in high school, told her to meet me out front for lunch, she just loves Mustangs, the louder the better and met her out front, I think she lit up just as much as me,- as she hopped in the cell phones were out recording the burbling BOSS as she hopped in and we drove away . As we went to get burgers while she kept asking me to rev the engine again giggling, that alone made my day. Dropped her off and headed backup the gorge again.

By the end of the day, I was still grinning like a mad man, half deaf from the exhaust echoing off the canyon walls, my knee aching from the clutch as I reluctantly handed the keys back to its owner, listening to the engine tick, I half imagined it was sighing in disappointment at being parked again.

So Sean, if you are on here, you made my daughters day, and you made a childhood dream come true, Thank you.
20170519_121317.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's a special car, that's for sure.

I've been lucky enough to drive my friend's '13 Boss 302 in Gotta Have It Green......and we also did a European road trip in it, albeit he did all the driving.

:headbang:

El_Jefe_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
I daily drive my BOSS and after four years of ownership its still a blast to drive. :headbang:

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Loved my Boss. Great, great, cars...

Sponsored