Sponsored

Ford racing tune/hesitation, sluggishness

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I've read the main thread about the initial sluggishness, but I am also having some stuttering while shifting, especially when shifting 1st to 2nd...

Car feels very slow and hesitating as if it is choking, although I am seeing boost on my dash sensor.

It reminds me of the days when I had a bad MAF sensor on my 1.8T GTI....

Is this what everyone writes of? Asides from that, I noticed an increase in throttle sensitivity, but not as sensitive as Sport+ mode.

I've put about 60 miles.
Sponsored

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
I've read the main thread about the initial sluggishness, but I am also having some stuttering while shifting, especially when shifting 1st to 2nd...

Car feels very slow and hesitating as if it is choking, although I am seeing boost on my dash sensor.

Is this what everyone writes of? Asides from that, I noticed an increase in throttle sensitivity, but not as sensitive as Sport+ mode.

I've put about 60 miles.
Give it 30-130 more miles and see how you feel. the mapping phase can take 90-200 miles before fully calibrating from what I understand. I've gone through 200 mile since install and she's a monster now.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros

I've put about 60 miles.

Yup, exactly my experience right now north of 150 miles so far. I even went through an inspection make sure all hoses a pipes are properly connected. Does seem better but not fully there yet, paranoia and impatience starts to grow lol.

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I wonder if this new upgrade is part of 2018 model?
I doubt it since they still need to hit the magic numbers on 87 octane.

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
I would hope any power gains for the 2018 ecoboost Mustang are from hardware upgrades not a tune. Especially since the Focus RS can crank out 350/350 stock.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I would hope any power gains for the 2018 ecoboost Mustang are from hardware upgrades not a tune. Especially since the Focus RS can crank out 350/350 stock.
The RS engine is really beefed up. I doubt EB will get near that setup.

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Yup, exactly my experience right now north of 150 miles so far. I even went through an inspection make sure all hoses a pipes are properly connected. Does seem better but not fully there yet, paranoia and impatience starts to grow lol.
Just like Dirty-EB-Chicago had mentioned, at exactly 90 mile mark, the car turned into a monster! The boost goes up, but so does the acceleration, and the torque goes all the way to the redline.

Throttle sensitivity is greatly improved. Not as sensitive as Sport+ mode, but a perfect balance. I had always put the car in Sport+ mode pre-tune, since the stock sensitivity was lacking. I had to put the pedal 70% in just to move around in and out of traffic.

Now is perfect. Because of not going to Sport+ mode all the time, my gas mileage had actually went up significantly ...

But - the issue with the shifting is still there. When I let go off the gas around 3-4K RPM on 1st, going to 2nd, the car vibrates - seem to be coming from the intake. Some sort of a pressure issue.. Guessing to do with the DV/or blow off valve (forgive me, not so technical).

If I shift with a little bit of gas, this problem doesn't exist - but nevertheless I will take it back in to get the hoses checked.
Sponsored