Sponsored

Livernois 412whp/452 wtq on stock turbo 93 pump

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Here's a VD plot of two E30 runs done on different days for comparison purposes. The only hardware difference is the addition of the Gibson exhaust (Red) and the stock exhaust (Blue). Other notable mentions should also point out that there was a difference of 8 degrees in ambient temps and CAT's were about 10-12 degrees difference in favor of the Gibson exhaust. Pk-pk gains only show about a 7hp difference between the two, however there are curve gains as high as 18. Now, it would be naïve of me to assume that the exhaust is responsible for the entirety of the gains because ambient temps and charge air temps have a dramatic affect on performance figures. However, in my experience the Gibson exhaust did not add anywhere near 30hp or 40ft/lbs of torque any where in the curve. It actually lost about 6hp up top. This just goes to show that you can't just add up the cumulative gains of a bunch of parts and add that to the total and arrive at the final horsepower figure of the car. It just doesn't work that way. Furthermore, I would like to see dyno evidence of FBO, stock turbo EBM running strictly 93 octane achieve 380 hp, much less 410. I just don't believe this is possible given the octane limitation of our engines. 24-25psi tapering to 21 and anymore than 8 degrees of total timing up top and you're knocking on 93 octane. Perhaps the dyno graph really was the Xv1 race gas tune... If so that maybe more believable.
2017-05-23_12-15-10.jpg
2017-05-23_13-12-10.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
The 93 Xv1 tune requires a bare minimum of 93, but is recommended to be used with higher than 93, and preferably close to 100 octane for optimal performance.
@Livernois Motorsports

So, this leads me to believe that there is enough freedom in the timing strategy on the Xv1 tune to allow for timing adjustments to take advantage of the higher octane, but it also has the ability to reduce overall timing, assuming it see's knock events and adjusts accordingly to run on 93.

I know on the Cobb device, timing strategy can be handled in different ways, you can command a broad range of freedom, or tighten it up to restrict total advance. You can also adjust how the engine reacts to knock events, knock severity and the sensitivity of the OAR.

However, I do recall an individual who had a bad experience on the Xv1 tune running just 93. I'm not sure if it were just a case of bad gas or what, but I would be very hesitant to run that tune on anything less than 100 octane just to be safe.

That being said, is Race Gas Additive and or Torco combatable with the Xv1 tune as long as the mix equates to 100 octane?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
@Livernois Motorsports

So, this leads me to believe that there is enough freedom in the timing strategy on the Xv1 tune to allow for timing adjustments to take advantage of the higher octane, but it also has the ability to reduce overall timing, assuming it see's knock events and adjusts accordingly to run on 93.

I know on the Cobb device, timing strategy can be handled in different ways, you can command a broad range of freedom, or tighten it up to restrict total advance. You can also adjust how the engine reacts to knock events, knock severity and the sensitivity of the OAR.

However, I do recall an individual who had a bad experience on the Xv1 tune running just 93. I'm not sure if it were just a case of bad gas or what, but I would be very hesitant to run that tune on anything less than 100 octane just to be safe.

That being said, is Race Gas Additive and or Torco combatable with the Xv1 tune as long as the mix equates to 100 octane?
Altitude and consistency of fuel plays into this. BARE minimum is 93 octane. This should be labeled as 93+ as you should make sure that it is absolutely not below 93. Preferably should use fuel instead of additive.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Altitude and consistency of fuel plays into this. BARE minimum is 93 octane. This should be labeled as 93+ as you should make sure that it is absolutely not below 93. Preferably should use fuel instead of additive.
Is there a particular fuel that is preferential (MS109, Sunoco 260GT, etc)?
Sponsored