Sponsored

Car pulls right after new wheels and tires.

hemiQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
guard/saddle GT premium
I just got new wheels and tires put on over the weekend. 19x10 mrr m600 wheels with continental dws06 tires in 285/35/19. my car now pulls to the right when accelerating and corrects to the left when I let off the gas. It does not feel like the steering wheel is turning but the car is veering right. at high speeds the correction back left make the car feel unstable. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

I didn't have this problem with my stock wheels and tires so i feel as though its not an alignment issue, so maybe a bad tire? any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
I would check alignment if your still having issues after a few hundred miles. New tires are usually pretty slick for the first bit. Just had Michelin pilot super sports installed myself 305 out back so plenty of rubber but they were all over the place for the first lil while. But once that initial layer is off you should be good.

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I experienced this too, went to a staggered setup and car runs all over the road now. I had it aligned but it didn't help.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's called radial pull. Basically the belts are off center.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would check alignment if your still having issues after a few hundred miles. New tires are usually pretty slick for the first bit. Just had Michelin pilot super sports installed myself 305 out back so plenty of rubber but they were all over the place for the first lil while. But once that initial layer is off you should be good.
You're correct in that there is a tire release lubricant which is used so that the tire doesn't stick to the mold in manufacturing, but that release lubricant would just give you less grip, it shouldn't cause the car to pull to one side or the other.

Jasonstang could certainly be correct in that it's a radial pull issue. If it is, Tire Rack has a good article on it - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=12

Sponsored

OP
OP

hemiQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
guard/saddle GT premium
You're correct in that there is a tire release lubricant which is used so that the tire doesn't stick to the mold in manufacturing, but that release lubricant would just give you less grip, it shouldn't cause the car to pull to one side or the other.

Jasonstang could certainly be correct in that it's a radial pull issue. If it is, Tire Rack has a good article on it - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=12
That article was very helpful. I will contact my dealer to see if we can nail down the issue.

Thank you

OP
OP

hemiQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
guard/saddle GT premium
I have determined that it is indeed an alignment issue. changed front and rear tires from left to right and had no change. I guess going from 8 inch to 10 inch wheels is now showing an issue I could not feel earlier.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
It's called radial pull. Basically the belts are off center.
This would be my guess too. I had it happen when I lifted my 350 and changed the wheels and tires. I had it aligned twice by 2 different shops and it didn't fix it
Sponsored