Sponsored

FP Tune dyno vs. GT dyno?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
@sauerkrat sorry wasn't trying to throw shade on the autos, all my primary previous cars have been autos. I think it's just with a manual you feel like the engine is more directly linked to the rear wheels where as the auto felt like there was....slop? This also could probably be attributed to the fact that my auto loaner was a base V6 where as my manual is a premium where I can select the throttle response via drive mode.

My comment was more so to exclaim my suprise at what I felt was a drastically different driving experience from my usual car to the loaner.
Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Why do people still say things like this? The auto is quicker than the manual...
I have not driven a V6 auto but I will certainly state the Ecoboost Auto does not have lag. And that is even comparing to the GT. I am not sure I have had a car able to jump across an intersection as quick as this car. The V6 manual I test drove was only fun for me when I revved it up.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Ok lag was a hyperbole. It was just the feeling of using a torque converter instead of a clutch again. Just wasn't as tight of a feeling. Mind you thing was an obvious abused loaner car....the average mpg was at 17mpg in the v6..... It hadnt been reset for a while either because I couldn't effect it at all with my 3 days of driving.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
This also could probably be attributed to the fact that my auto loaner was a base V6 where as my manual is a premium where I can select the throttle response via drive mode.
Well, the EB has quite a bit more low end torque in comparison to the V6 so that's probably what you noticed. :cheers:
Sponsored