Sponsored

Ingot silver.. Fastest color option? Dyno graphs included

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Dyno charts mean nothing. Everyone knows the real results are in the race. It has been proven over and over, black is the fastest color.

160818215232-33-rio-olympics-0818-super-169 (2).jpg
BOOM! mic drop! and I have a race red eco but yeah, he brought in Usain Bolt! I don't think Carrot Top could take Usain Bolt!
Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
That's an interesting theory there. Although I just ran over to the dyno machine thing and did some testing. Turns out pony power equates to about half a horsy power so technicallyistically Pony package means less WHP. Posting dyno charts below for science
I think you dyno machine needs to have some parameters adjusted. Ever IF pony power equates to half a horsy power (actually is closer to 5/6 of a horsy power which if you run the maths generates 2.7 torques per stomp) then those ponies should simply be added to any silver Ecoboost power readings since any non-pony pack silver ecoboosts would simply be missings that horsy power. :headbonk:

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Dad has a RaceRed Ecoboost :(

But I've got an Ingot Silver GT :D

I told him Silver was faster :thumbsup: but he didn't believe me.

oh...and sorry for cross posting on your subsection.

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
I think you dyno machine needs to have some parameters adjusted. Ever IF pony power equates to half a horsy power (actually is closer to 5/6 of a horsy power which if you run the maths generates 2.7 torques per stomp) then those ponies should simply be added to any silver Ecoboost power readings since any non-pony pack silver ecoboosts would simply be missings that horsy power. :headbonk:
Idk I think I got the dyno dialed in correctly. I calibrated it with the computer machine and I hit it with a hammer and everything. I also googled 'ponies' and I don't know if anyone knows this, but ponies are just tiny horses. Which is weird I thought they were closer related to the dinosaurs than horses. Learning stuff everyday. I digress, I'll have to run some more tests but it appears the concensious is silver is fastest thus far. If anyone has any science to back up another theory I'm open to it and ready to disagree with complete disregard to any evidence provided :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Idk I think I got the dyno dialed in correctly. I calibrated it with the computer machine and I hit it with a hammer and everything. I also googled 'ponies' and I don't know if anyone knows this, but ponies are just tiny horses. Which is weird I thought they were closer related to the dinosaurs than horses. Learning stuff everyday. I digress, I'll have to run some more tests but it appears the concensious is silver is fastest thus far. If anyone has any science to back up another theory I'm open to it and ready to disagree with complete disregard to any evidence provided :thumbsup:
Yeah, that's why I chuckle when somebody calls their muscle car a pony car. Your car is a miniature horse? Awwww how cute. Mine is a Stallion. :)

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Just a little food for thought... Darker colored cars, especially black will see higher under hood temps and heat soak faster than lighter colored vehicles all other things being equal. White will not absorb radiant heat as quickly, and silver may offer some reflective properties that may provide additional radiant protection.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mmm that would only apply if you aren't moving fast enough to move air through the engine bay. It's more of a benefit since upon start up we are at operating temps faster ;)

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Mmm that would only apply if you aren't moving fast enough to move air through the engine bay. It's more of a benefit since upon start up we are at operating temps faster ;)
Sitting still it heats up faster and therefore takes longer to shed the heat because there's more to shed.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
300px-Electromagnetic-Spectrum.svg.png

As you can see Blue is at the top of the visible light spectrum and carries the most energy, Because Deep Impact Blue is the closest to Ultra violet, it made DIB Mustangs so fast that the Illuminati running Ferrari, which like red, force Ford to discontinue the color. They were allowed to replace it with two lighter, but slower blues to make up for it.

We all know this has to be true because of Science reasons and i mentioned the illuminati so ...
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300px-Electromagnetic-Spectrum.svg.png

As you can see Blue is at the top of the visible light spectrum and carries the most energy, Because Deep Impact Blue is the closest to Ultra violet, it made DIB Mustangs so fast that the Illuminati running Ferrari, which like red, force Ford to discontinue the color. They were allowed to replace it with two lighter, but slower blues to make up for it.

We all know this has to be true because of Science reasons and i mentioned the illuminati so ...
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Oooooh interesting. Ferrari and their cheating, conniving ways. You may be right about DIB being the fastest of the 'color' options. Although as errybody knows Silver is just white + shiny. Which reflects things, and we all know that things weight amounts. so far so good. So theoretically the more microwave light rays reflected = less wieght which in turn = better power to weight ratio which may in fact explain why Silver is oddly faster on my totally not imaginary dyno machine. This thread is becoming very enlightening (get it?) and I'm looking forward to hearing more science and arguing. Great points made by all. (expect those without Silver :cheers:)

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
Dyno charts mean nothing. Everyone knows the real results are in the race. It has been proven over and over, black is the fastest color.

160818215232-33-rio-olympics-0818-super-169 (2).jpg
Only because he was wearing Yellow.

Just saying...

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the dyno chart clearly showing how the extra ponies result in more powers then the silver. The non PP (pony pack) black does have a slight disadvantage due to the heat issue to start but it is only noticeable on a very sensitive crotch dyno (used in this testing) and not the less sensitive, but more common butt dyno.

Totally Valid Dyno Graph.jpg

[MENTION=21048]Dirty-EB-Chicago[/MENTION] You are confused about the lighter colors being faster. That only applies if the sun is in front of your car. Weight is actually a force, force is mass * acceleration. The mass is coming from the lights yes, BUT as long as the sun is behind you the weight of the lights (which you already said was greater for a darker car) would be in the forward direction. That means darker cars would be getting a larger acceleration advantage from the sun's lights. Since the mass of the lights is unchanged but the weights is increased this clearly shows the acceleration has increased.

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the dyno chart clearly showing how the extra ponies result in more powers then the silver. The non PP (pony pack) black does have a slight disadvantage due to the heat issue to start but it is only noticeable on a very sensitive crotch dyno (used in this testing) and not the less sensitive, but more common butt dyno.

Totally Valid Dyno Graph.jpg

[MENTION=21048]Dirty-EB-Chicago[/MENTION] You are confused about the lighter colors being faster. That only applies if the sun is in front of your car. Weight is actually a force, force is mass * acceleration. The mass is coming from the lights yes, BUT as long as the sun is behind you the weight of the lights (which you already said was greater for a darker car) would be in the forward direction. That means darker cars would be getting a larger acceleration advantage from the sun's lights. Since the mass of the lights is unchanged but the weights is increased this clearly shows the acceleration has increased.
Damn that's one clean and convincing dyno chart, I gotta hand it to ya that thing is tight as hell. Could you imagine how fast a pony package in Silver ingot would be?! I cannot phantom it.

As for your theory on Darker colors and the suns light increasing acceleration based on direction, I have a couple of counters. First off the darker colors may have an initial acceleration from the suns light but while doing so it absorbs light, thus gaining weight. So while it has an initial advantage the paint will exponentially gain more weight through absorption. While silver will merely reflect the light in either direction. Im gonna have to go get my dyno together and randomly acquire other some different color mustangs to do comparison tests. will brb with more science charts.
Only because he was wearing Yellow.

Just saying...
Duuude could you imagine if that UPR was silver and had all that work done to it?? probably drop quarter mile times by a full second! yall should respray for your next competition and devastate the opposition. :first:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I lol'ed at this. Wanted to share since this thread is a bs thread anyway. (Go Guard btw) :p
17011065252_bcfc215467_z.jpg
Sponsored