Sponsored

Built Blocks -

DontoMelbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future EB Vert
Don't kill me for this generic question. I have a good complete engine right now that I've ran e30 in all year long without any issues or any bad symptoms (knocking on wood). If I wanted something that could handle 600 hp and nothing more what type of price range should I realistically expect. Does Esslinger use your core or just a new core all together. Right now stock block I understand I'm maxed out to about 420 or so on e85 and an upgraded turbo.
IIRC from Esslinger's FB page, it was stated they don't use your core, they only use a new block when doing builds.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
That's the thing, I was just "pulling out of a shopping center driveway!!" LOL J/K I wasn't maxed out by any means but I was going at a good clip by California traffic standards.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Mine let go pretty similar to yours [MENTION=23464]Woodshop77[/MENTION] - 7 holes in the block, lol.

My built motor was from Tune+ and included the CSS treatment, like [MENTION=21658]perfweld[/MENTION] mentioned. There were also a few other tricks of the trade completed, as per the specifications of the engine builders at Tune+ / MAP, but I couldn't talk overly intelligently about those, as it's over my personal pay grade.

Here's a few motors for you to see what the CSS looks like. First photo is w/o the CSS completed, the second one has the CSS done. The Honda guys making big power in their 4-cylinder turbo applications have been doing CSS for years, and making well over the target HP number I'm searching for. So that's why I opted for including it instead of going to a full sleeve. My understanding is that to do a full sleeve on these motors is quite a bit more laborious and intrusive.

Hope this helps brother.
no css.jpg
css.jpg

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Forgive my lack of intelligence. What's CSS?

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how is that installed? Did you do that or do you send in your block?

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In your opinion is that better than getting a shorty that has that done like from MAP or Esslinger?

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
In your opinion is that better than getting a shorty that has that done like from MAP or Esslinger?
6 one, 1/2 a dozen the other.

Any vendor that's selling the consumer the block with CSS completed, they're 99% likely to be using that exact vendor for the work.

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah. All things to look forward to. I had to work hard to get approval for meth kit. Imagine the dance I'll have to do for a block...

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Esslinger is having the CSS unit installed in my new block. Then they are going to do their magic on it! And since my damaged motor is such a shitfest. They now have the head too, and its looking like a long block build.

BTW Brian at Esslinger has been VERY helpful during the build process.

Their full sleeve is almost twice the cost of the CSS unit and I'm not looking for 600+ WHP, so it was not needed.

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Has anyone actually cracked a sleeve on these blocks yet? I know it's usually the rod that goes and ruins the block. But has anyone just installed better rods/pistons and see how far the stock block can go?

The guys at Panda Motorworks seem to think the stock block/sleeves can hold close to ~575whp.

Just curious if anyone's pushed it that far.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Has anyone actually cracked a sleeve on these blocks yet? I know it's usually the rod that goes and ruins the block. But has anyone just installed better rods/pistons and see how far the stock block can go?

The guys at Panda Motorworks seem to think the stock block/sleeves can hold close to ~575whp.

Just curious if anyone's pushed it that far.
+1. I'd love to know what's realistic on a stock block with stock sleeves and the stock head but with all the internals upgraded (pistons, rods, valvetrain, cams, bearings, studs, crank, ...). Sooo, if somebody could please make this just to blow it up please :D:D:D
Sponsored