<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Long story short
Dad's Rav4 engine was beyond repair
He lives in an area where public transit is a hassle
I spent all day and night researching best CPO cars with AWD & Leather.
Ended up buying the Chrysler 200 S next morning.

FOR $14.5K (16.5K OTD)
12K MILES, still has 6 years and 88k miles left on warranty!

Did you know these Pentastar engines make almost 300hp? 0-60 in 5.5? 1/4 mile in 14's?!?!

Holy cow, I bought my dad a car with more features and just as fast as my Mustang for less than half the price!

What surprised me the most was the standard heated seats/steering wheel, remote start, leather and soft touch interior. Only hard plastics are the buttons and display trim. I was able to slide down and man-spread behind my driver's seat.

It's the shame they're discontinuing the 200 series, because of poor sales. These new domestic entry luxury brands are so damn good nowadays. Just wish people would give them a chance. It was so quiet, smooth and powerful that when I got back into my ecoboom, it felt all cheap and rackety lol.

[ame]
IMG_9065.jpg
2017-Chrysler-200S-interior.jpg
IMG_9049.JPG
2015-Chrysler-200S-AWD-rear-interior-seats.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I was seriously considering one before I bought my mustang, It really is a much better buy than recent offerings from chrysler.

I am glad I bought my mustang, but dont think I would have been disappointed with the 200s either.

Lucky dad.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Pentastar is an awesome engine, I've had several. Best of luck. It looks better than a lot in that segment.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Last edited:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I traded my 15 EB in on a 17 Challenger 3.6 SXT and you are right- the EB felt like a rattly 10 yr old car compared to the Challenger (my EB had the drive line vibration problem which made it feel worse). It is sooo smooth and quiet compared to the EB. I never drove the Mustang V6 so I can't compare the Cyclone. The 3.6 is a great engine- used in everything from 200's to Ram trucks.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Pentastar is an awesome engine, I've had several. Best of luck. It looks better than a lot in that segment.
Our extended family had this motor in 2 different vehicles...a Jeep Wrangler and Caravan. Both were 3 model years apart and BOTH DROPPED VALVE SEATS. :tsk:

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
The 3.6L motor has been a major problem for years! Lots of cylinder head/valve problems which has made Chrysler extend warranties on those engines.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Our extended family had this motor in 2 different vehicles...a Jeep Wrangler and Caravan. Both were 3 model years apart and BOTH DROPPED VALVE SEATS. :tsk:
Damn that sucks. We have had a couple Grand Cherokees with the pentastar that have been flawless. Right now my wife has a Cherokee with the 3.2 pentastar and again no issues.

Mass produced cars unfortunately get bad apples. Look how many owners here got lemons.

The 3.6L motor has been a major problem for years! Lots of cylinder head/valve problems which has made Chrysler extend warranties on those engines.
The issue was on the early manufactured 2011-13 engines. It was a design flaw that they fixed with a modification to the design in late 2012. Supposedly.

I'm just gonna keep on knocking on wood since I've not had issues.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Went over to my parents for mother's day and finally got to spend some time in the 200 while running errands and getting it detailed. I've got to say, I'm pretty jealous of the ride quality or maybe it's my lack of experience in luxury cars, but it's pretty damn good to me. There was nothing to complain about, it was very comfortable in traffic and highway.

I miss having a v6 :(

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
yeah man, I hope my son buys me a car someday!

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Long story short
Dad's Rav4 engine was beyond repair
He lives in an area where public transit is a hassle
I spent all day and night researching best CPO cars with AWD & Leather.
Ended up buying the Chrysler 200 S next morning.

FOR $14.5K (16.5K OTD)
12K MILES, still has 6 years and 88k miles left on warranty!

Did you know these Pentastar engines make almost 300hp? 0-60 in 5.5? 1/4 mile in 14's?!?!

Holy cow, I bought my dad a car with more features and just as fast as my Mustang for less than half the price!

What surprised me the most was the standard heated seats/steering wheel, remote start, leather and soft touch interior. Only hard plastics are the buttons and display trim. I was able to slide down and man-spread behind my driver's seat.

It's the shame they're discontinuing the 200 series, because of poor sales. These new domestic entry luxury brands are so damn good nowadays. Just wish people would give them a chance. It was so quiet, smooth and powerful that when I got back into my ecoboom, it felt all cheap and rackety lol.

They are pretty fun cars, unfortunately they are too heavy, too costly to build, and the sedan market is really in a down turn in general.

You will always get pretty nice creature comforts for less in a FCA product.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Damn that sucks. We have had a couple Grand Cherokees with the pentastar that have been flawless. Right now my wife has a Cherokee with the 3.2 pentastar and again no issues.

Mass produced cars unfortunately get bad apples. Look how many owners here got lemons.

The issue was on the early manufactured 2011-13 engines. It was a design flaw that they fixed with a modification to the design in late 2012. Supposedly.

I'm just gonna keep on knocking on wood since I've not had issues.
Yes, in the Jeep Wrangler world, the 2012 model year was plagued with cylinder head issues. Mostly driver side, if I remember correctly. It was almost a given that you'd have issues sooner or later with a '12.

I've got a '13 that has been great, I'm pretty impressed with the 3.6 in it. :thumbsup:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Yes, in the Jeep Wrangler world, the 2012 model year was plagued with cylinder head issues. Mostly driver side, if I remember correctly. It was almost a given that you'd have issues sooner or later with a '12.

I've got a '13 that has been great, I'm pretty impressed with the 3.6 in it. :thumbsup:
They purchased cheap Chinese tools to do the head milling, which in turn caused alot of out of spec heads. If your motor made it to 20k it should be fine. However that is why they extended the warranties.

The new PSU 2016+ motors are pretty good. Though the orignal Pentastar made wards top 10 engines.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Just hope you dont have transmission issues. Im filing lemon law on my 200 currently. Granted its the 4cyl and it has the Chrysler made 9 speed where the 6 gets the ZF made version. Other than that the 200 is a really nice car, even in lower trims. Luckily this will be my ticket to a Mustang since I wont be buried in that car anymore.
Sponsored