Sponsored

Mustang GT w/PP vs. Volvo Turbo AWD Wagon?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
A few months back my wife was given some brand new turbo'd Volvo wagon that had AWD for a rental car. I forget the model (anyone know it?) but I looked it up at the time and it wasn't cheap...but it also had well under 300hp to it. It looked pretty soccer mom but that thing hauled some major ass!! And that was both from a stop and top end.

Just to test it (play with it) I took it out late at night and flew with it. My heart felt like it was pressed against my spine at times!

Compare that to my GT w/PP, and it could just be my perception, but it doesn't feel the same. Top end it's definitely faster. But from a stop I'm thinking that the wagon might have been faster.

Is this just my perception or could a torbo'd Volvo wagon beat a GT w/PP from a stop?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Probably will beat it from a stop but where do you put the finish line at? AWD + turbo = fun.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably will beat it from a stop but where do you put the finish line at? AWD + turbo = fun.

Not understanding the finish line question.

The entire 1-2yrs I contemplated buying a GT the ONLY other car that I entertained buying was a WRX or STI. When I test drove the WRX it wasn't fast enough for me and the STI was too expensive. Whereas the Mustang was plenty fast but gave up AWD and 2 doors so less utility but was significantly cheaper than the STI.

So yes, I agree that AWD and turbo is a fun combination! Just was too expensive for my liking and didn't look anywhere remotely as beautiful as the Stang.

-Emt1581

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The GT is an extremely well-refined car and feels nowhere near as fast as it is. If you want more of the speed to come out, and to get better handling and more connected feeling: suspension and IRS mods.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT is an extremely well-refined car and feels nowhere near as fast as it is. If you want more of the speed to come out, and to get better handling and more connected feeling: suspension and IRS mods.
Throughout the past 3 weeks of owning it, I've been learning. I've figured out how to stretch a tank of gas to 250-275 miles by shifting at really low RPM's and then being ginger on the gas pedal. I've also learned that from 4k-7k this thing is a beast and needs to be respected or I can see myself getting into trouble very easily. I don't mean legal, I mean the car being better performing than my skill level.

In time I'm sure I'll mod it. But for right now...still learning.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Throughout the past 3 weeks of owning it, I've been learning. I've figured out how to stretch a tank of gas to 250-275 miles by shifting at really low RPM's and then being ginger on the gas pedal. I've also learned that from 4k-7k this thing is a beast and needs to be respected or I can see myself getting into trouble very easily. I don't mean legal, I mean the car being better performing than my skill level.

In time I'm sure I'll mod it. But for right now...still learning.

-Emt1581
Yeah take the time learning the beast for a while.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Not understanding the finish line question.

-Emt1581
You're asking if the Volvo will beat the GT "from a stop". My point is how do you define "from a stop"? ie. where do you put the finish line at to determine that the Volvo won? Is it 50 ft? 100 ft?

My point is the Volvo will launch quicker but at some point the GT will real it in.

The V8 sound for me trumps a turbo 4 ... although I do love the Subie boxer rumble.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The Volvo will win the first 60-80 feet before the GT pulls by it. Probably less with an experienced drag racer behind the wheel.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any ideas what Volvo im describing?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Don't underestimate Volvo turbo cars. I had a mildly tuned 2002 C70 that was pushing 325hp to the wheels. It was a 5 cylinder turbo, same motor used on the Euro Focus RS cars.
V70R wagons were also wickedly fast.
The new Polestar Volvos are the hot ones from the Factory.

If you rented a wagon it would have to have been a V90 or a V60. The 90 has a turbocharged and supercharged engine, kicks out 316 hp.

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Any ideas what Volvo im describing?

Thanks

-Emt1581
I think the XC70 is the only wagon sold in the US right now. We have a couple T6 XC70s at work, and they will get up and go!
Sponsored