Sponsored

Thinking of trading my GT

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I have had too many issues in just over a year of ownership with this car and I'm tired of it. Also my warranty will be up in November and I definitely don't want to be dealing with crap that will be out of pocket. I'm doing some research to see what I could get that would be comparable to the gt as far as fun factor and value but not coming up with much. I would not want to go back to a FWD car. I like the 15+ challenger scat pack with that sweet 392 but they are fairly hard to come by used around here. What would you folks suggest as an alternative to the mustang? I would most likely trade for something that is lightly used. Thanks. :cheers:
Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Get a new Scat Pack! The deals are crazy on them right now. Dodge has some kind of incentive where each dealer gets a couple 20% off deals a month. I paid $35,100 for my Charger Scat Pack that stickered for 46,600.

Stock for stock, the Scat is a better car than a GT Mustang no doubt. Performance, interior, and tech. The aftermarket for the Mustang is amazing compared to the almost non existent aftermarket for the LX cars though.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that's an amazing deal! I would definitely be all over a scat pack for that price. I guess I need to call a few dodge dealers. Thanks!

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Wow that's an amazing deal! I would definitely be all over a scat pack for that price. I guess I need to call a few dodge dealers. Thanks!
Get on Dodges site and do a vehicle search in your area then look at the dealer site to see their listed price. If none is listed submit the get E-price info. I found my car online the day after Dodge started this 20% incentive. Left work early the next day to snag it before someone else did! Lol

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get on Dodges site and do a vehicle search in your area then look at the dealer site to see their listed price. If none is listed submit the get E-price info. I found my car online the day after Dodge started this 20% incentive. Left work early the next day to snag it before someone else did! Lol
Already have lol. I found this black beauty nearby which I would love to get into.

http://www.daytonandrewsdodge.net/n...sburg-fl-1eceab640a0e0ae77a95055013ff0b25.htm

Not sure if I would be able to get the price down much further than they have it listed for but I'm going to shoot them an email and see what they say.

Sponsored

Holdfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Base w/PP1
Already have lol. I found this black beauty nearby which I would love to get into.

http://www.daytonandrewsdodge.net/n...sburg-fl-1eceab640a0e0ae77a95055013ff0b25.htm

Not sure if I would be able to get the price down much further than they have it listed for but I'm going to shoot them an email and see what they say.
Show them this deal south of you in Sarasota and get to talking :headbang:
http://www.sunsetdodgejeep.net/new/...asota-FL-234d3d910a0e0adf16a64d1fb6578168.htm

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You definitely can't go wrong with any of the 392's whether the Charger or Challenger. When my 16 Mustang GT got wrecked I replaced it with a 17 Dodge Charger Daytona 392. MSRP was $49,870 and I got the car for $44,707. I love the car, but still miss my Mustang.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
You can also lease a Hellcat for couple grand down and $500-$600 a month.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Stock for stock, the Scat is a better car than a GT Mustang no doubt. Performance, interior, and tech. The aftermarket for the Mustang is amazing compared to the almost non existent aftermarket for the LX cars though.
Going in a straight-line sure and that's only if you have the A8 with the aggressive tranny. Manual per manual it's not that really faster than a GTPP in a straight line.

What if the OP likes to track his car or hit the back roads?

I like the muscle looks of the Scatpack Challenger but you will have to admit, it's a one trick pony in terms or raw performance.

If I was lucky enough to be in the OP's shoes and have a chance to get a GT.. I will only replace a GT with a GT.

Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Going in a straight-line sure and that's only if you have the A8 with the aggressive tranny. Manual per manual it's not that really faster than a GTPP in a straight line.

What if the OP likes to track his car or hit the back roads?

I like the muscle looks of the Scatpack Challenger but you will have to admit, it's a one trick pony in terms or raw performance.

If I was lucky enough to be in the OP's shoes and have a chance to get a GT.. I will only replace a GT with a GT.
I have to say, that the stock Scat is more confidence inspiring when it comes to handling than my Mustang when it was stock. After a set of springs and dampers the Mustang is awesome, but I was talking stock to stock. My Scat will put any stock GT to shame in a straight line so you're definitely right there.

If I had to pick a car to buy that had to stay stock, I'd go with the Mopar without a doubt. The Mustang can be made into an awesome performer through the aftermarket and it's cheaper so that factors in as well.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score