Sponsored

How's this price look?

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Once you agree on price then negotiate on trade value.
This really doesn't make sense.
You are just giving them leverage.

You negotiate your out of pocket.
Ie I want THAT and I have THIS and I'm willing to add X amount of money.

The more steps in the negotiation, the more they tend to wear you down, draw it out, and try and add in bullshit charges.

Ideally you should NOT trade in. You get much less than you can get selling outright to a private buyer or even a service like CarMax, Beepi, or Vroom.

Remove the leverage they get on trade ins.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I totally agree and we are currently working on private sale side, but the market here for them blows. So I don't know how well that's going to plan out.

Yea I don't really play the BS game and I make that clear from the get go. Car's been sitting on the lot for 100 days and you want to come at me with terrible trade and MSRP? You've lost my interest. I understand the game, but I'm not doing the 24 trips back and forth to the manager to get $50 off each time. Respect my time and I'll respect your business. Usually pretty easy to tell when a salesman isn't going to play ball with you.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I totally agree and we are currently working on private sale side, but the market here for them blows. So I don't know how well that's going to plan out.

Yea I don't really play the BS game and I make that clear from the get go. Car's been sitting on the lot for 100 days and you want to come at me with terrible trade and MSRP? You've lost my interest. I understand the game, but I'm not doing the 24 trips back and forth to the manager to get $50 off each time. Respect my time and I'll respect your business. Usually pretty easy to tell when a salesman isn't going to play ball with you.

Don't give them your keys.
Tell them outright that you will pay xxx amount (5-10% below what you are willing to spend) on the spot for the vehicle, if not you will walk. Walk if they don't.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Thats why I never step foot into a dealership until they have sent me a buyers order with an OTD price. Just tell them you will come with a check from your bank, you will accept XXX for your trade and what you are willing to pay for the new car. Unless you are getting 3-4k more for your trade selling privately or to CarMax etc, you are better off trading for the tax savings.(If you live in a tax free state then disregard lol).

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
So I go in to finalize everything tonight. Car will be 25,200 and I'm going to push for 25 flat, and then add in my $500 college rebate. 24,500 for an EBPP is pretty good in my eyes.

With trade and downpayment I'm looking to get to 24 OTD. Should get to drive it home tonight as long as they play ball. I'm not looking for much really. Should be able to get the extra 286 off it easily.