2018 GT350 CONFIRMED

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Adding another 5500 cars to the 12000 does saturate the market heavily. At least there will be a few more engines in the junk yard in 20 years.
Rs will still have a fairy low number, seeing one driving down the road will be a rare site.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2019, 2020 and grandfathered 2021 GT4 cars WILL utilized the '18 Mustang headlamps and slightly lower bumper.

The new engine will showcase Port Direct Injection, Equal Lenght exhaust Manifolds and upgraded cams, valves and pistons.

I also believe displacement will drop as output gets higher.

3% MSRP increase.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Adding another 5500 cars to the 12000 does saturate the market heavily. At least there will be a few more engines in the junk yard in 20 years.
Rs will still have a fairy low number, seeing one driving down the road will be a rare site.
Not sure if the full model run will take place. I'm no expert but is t the factory retooled for the '18 refresh? To me this means dedicated GT350 time now where as before it was perhaps a mix of GTs and 350s simultaneously. I don't know.

That said, if they manage a full run the R model should jump up to around 1750-1800 total.

The regular car will be right around 16,500. Grand total scratching the 20k mark.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Not sure if the full model run will take place. I'm no expert but is t the factory retooled for the '18 refresh? To me this means dedicated GT350 time now where as before it was perhaps a mix of GTs and 350s simultaneously. I don't know.

That said, if they manage a full run the R model should jump up to around 1750-1800 total.

The regular car will be right around 16,500. Grand total scratching the 20k mark.
That is the thing many people are not taking into account.

The 2015-'17 GT and GT350 were completely different cars structurally from the A-Pillar up. The Mustang lineup can support different fascia/rear, drivetrain and interior.

The difference between the GT and GT350 were obvious, however, the '18 Mustang has adopted the GT350's front section, keeping cost low.

It seems as if there would be more to do but in reality, the '15-'17 GT being so different was a huge factor.

In other words, the assembled line no longer needs to keep to completely different front sections in stock, only the new, lower front section.

It is possible a some of the 350's lightweighting comes to the EB/GT as well. Potentially keeping the 350's MSRP in check while spreading out the cost to the rest of the Mustang. That R&D has been paid for...

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
They had to build it another year to pay for the attorneys to fight "my car is now dangerous" lawsuits. Thanks guys!

Why the delayed release? Could be one of several reasons, or a combination. Too many '17's at the dealer due to the recall...incorporating '18 changes from the mustang line and maybe some GT500 items...??? :shrug:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why the delayed release? Could be one of several reasons, or a combination. Too many '17's at the dealer due to the recall...incorporating '18 changes from the mustang line and maybe some GT500 items...??? :shrug:

Not sure if I'm understanding you.....but the '18MY GT350 won't receive any changes other than the new colours. Lead Foot Grey will be unique to the GT350, but it'll also be available in Kona Blue and Orange Fury.

Now....if it was to roll into the '19 & '20MYs, I'd expect it to receive some updates to the looks ('18 facelift head and tail lamps etc) and maybe some powertrain/interior updates. That's if it runs alongside the expected '19 GT500/halo-stang :)

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Not sure if I'm understanding you.....but the '18MY GT350 won't receive any changes other than the new colours. Lead Foot Grey will be unique to the GT350, but it'll also be available in Kona Blue and Orange Fury.

Now....if it was to roll into the '19 & '20MYs, I'd expect it to receive some updates to the looks ('18 facelift head and tail lamps etc) and maybe some powertrain/interior updates. That's if it runs alongside the expected '19 GT500/halo-stang :)
But the release of the '18 is 2 months later than last year. That wouldn't happen if there wasn't a reason for the delay. The order banks don't open up till 6/12. May just be to allow dealers to move what they have that sat on the showrooms during the recall. There are quite a few out there and more '17's comin. Or... it could be to use some GT500 items to reduce production costs for the Shelby line. Ford better do something soon. The other two are running away with the HP race.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So no announcement of the Double-clutch tranny then lol

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Guess that answers that then. One more year of the GT350.
Sponsored