Sponsored

Gt 5.0 vs 2017 Camaro 1LE

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Different drivers...different YEARS.

Given the same drivers on the same day...who knows. Given similar tire compounds, the GTPP is going to run away. People don't seem to realize exactly what a tire does for track performance.

But...but...but those are the tires that come stock you say? I really don't give a flying f#%@. The first item that get's replaced before a track day are tires. These are consumables. Its of my opinion...for any of these garbage track comparisons that are put out, equal tires and brake pads should be equipped and the vehicles need to be run with the same drivers with same conditions. If the temperature varies by more than 5 degrees from car A to car B, your test is invalid. If car A runs in the early morning and B in the afternoon...invalid.

Until the above mentioned happens, all of these magazine numbers are just for funzies. The can give you and idea of the vehicles capabilities, but they really can't tell you what is going to happen at the track.

Don't be surprised if your car get's lapped by one that was considered inferior when the owner decides to put a better compound tire and pads on.
Of course this is true, but very impractical. You know what matters even more than tires and pads and temperature? The driver. Do some autocross, or some HPDEs and you'll quickly realize its the driver that makes the most difference, everything else follows.

Additionally, it's not Chevy's fault they provide better tires and suspension than Ford does from the factory.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Of course this is true, but very impractical.
It's totally impractical...as are any type of semi-scientific tests. Motortrend has done it before though.

You know what matters even more than tires and pads and temperature? The driver. Do some autocross, or some HPDEs and you'll quickly realize its the driver that makes the most difference, everything else follows.
Drivers make an enormous difference...I agree.

Additionally, it's not Chevy's fault they provide better tires and suspension than Ford does from the factory.
Sure, it's not Chevy's fault. But having better OEM tires does not mean a vehicle is more capable. It simply means they put better tires on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm OK with the stock GTPP tires. If I decide to track my vehicle though, I'm swapping out the wheel/tires, pads and brake fluid. Doing so would allow me to fully exploit the capabilities of my vehicle. Would you track your car with 87 octane fuel? Hell no you wouldn't. Would you track your car with 30,000 mile bald Pirelli PZero Neros? I know I wouldn't.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Could also be different track layout.

MatthewAMEL

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE
Guys, please.

It's the same track, nearly identical atmospheric conditions, WITH THE SAME DRIVER.

Ford is in 'catch up' mode, much as they were during '98-02.

Hopefully, this forces Ford to respond and elevate the bar for all of us.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Guys, please.

It's the same track, nearly identical atmospheric conditions, WITH THE SAME DRIVER.

sorry,the 2000 cobra R destroyed any CRAPMARO at that time.it took Garbage Motors all of these years to catch up to ford with the last z28 shitty chevy brought out,and its glory didnt last 2 years before the GT350 R came and beat it.:cheers::lol::lol::lol::ford:

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Guys, please.

If "catching up" means having to jack up prices, reduce comfort and suffer reduced sales like the Gen 6...I'd rather Ford do what they're doing right now.

And yeah..Ford was behind on performance during that time, but was dominant in sales and the Mustang ultimately survived, where the Camaro was killed off due to being a sales failure.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Yeah this is simply a standard equipment issue. This has nothing to do with platforms and that other nonsense. The Alpha platform isn't some miracle from heaven. If anything I'd say the S550 platform does more with less. Less aluminum and lightweight materials. Still decently close in weight. Ford also gifted its consumers with choice and their sale numbers show the buyers appreciate it. I will say though that when it comes to performance options and their prices, the 1LE is hard to beat.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Guys, please.

The GTPP was tested by a different driver in a different YEAR. Can you show me where the atmospheric conditions are similar? Was was the ambient temperature? Barometric pressure? What was the track surface temperature?

It's funny though, Ford has really never played "catch up", they always seemed happy with the formula of selling an assload of cars and letting the aftermarket play the 'catch up'. GM would gladly trade their performance edge for the sales numbers the mustang has enjoyed over the years.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So...to sum up...

Selling more is better than selling better?

Sounds like a Ford guy to me!

And yes, the 2015 VIR driver and the 2016 VIR driver were the same.

Conditions were the same, 'inside the noise'.
Better is relative. The public certainly believes the S550 is better. In my opinion, it's better in nearly every way (ergonomics, visibility, roominess, trunk size/space, appearance etc.) and is MORE than adequate in performance.

Again, don't think for a second GM wouldn't trade it's slight performance edge for sales. Given the choice, they are going to choose sales every time.

As for the magazine times, who was the VIR driver for the 2015 GTPP? Who was the VIR driver for the 2016 1le? What were the conditions per my previous post? You are claiming the drivers and the conditions were the same, so you must certainly have some evidence to support this.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So...to sum up...

Selling more is better than selling better?

Sounds like a Ford guy to me!

And yes, the 2015 VIR driver and the 2016 VIR driver were the same.

Conditions were the same, 'inside the noise'.
So are you just here to argue and troll or are going to contribute?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I love when a Chevy guy gets his first fast car. You can always tell. They have to come right to every mustang sight they can find and start throwing magazine times around. He'll be on Camaro6 whining about getting banned here. And he said nothing wrong.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
or when the one unicorn camaro runs 11.9999 and then all of a sudden every camaro is an 11 sec daily driver :lol::lol:

I love when a Chevy guy gets his first fast car. You can always tell. They have to come right to every mustang sight they can find and start throwing magazine times around. He'll be on Camaro6 whining about getting banned here. And he said nothing wrong.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
or when the one unicorn camaro runs 11.9999 and then all of a sudden every camaro is an 11 sec daily driver :lol::lol:
I love the look on every single one of their faces. When they line up next to me thinking easy win. Only to get utterly destroyed!;)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I love the look on every single one of their faces. When they line up next to me thinking easy win. Only to get utterly destroyed!;)
:headbang:
Sponsored