GT350R vs Stingray Grand Sport

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
They should have bumped the hp up to 500 crank or even 505 like the c6z06.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Vettes depreciate like no other.
I assume you mean "depreciate less than most other cars". Vettes several times have been in the top 3 of lowest-depreciation cars. That certainly was my experience with the C5 and C6 I owned.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I, personally, would like to see Chevy take the GS and make it a Z06 clone but stripped down to the bare essentials and with similar sport cup seats as Porsche does without the Porsche price. Put a little more pep into the engine, lightweight wheels, Trofeos of Michelin SC's, and a medium aero package... All for $63,999 to battle the R price.

I'd be in line for my first Vette right then!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I, personally, would like to see Chevy take the GS and make it a Z06 clone but stripped down to the bare essentials and with similar sport cup seats as Porsche does without the Porsche price. Put a little more pep into the engine, lightweight wheels, Trofeos of Michelin SC's, and a medium aero package... All for $63,999 to battle the R price.

I'd be in line for my first Vette right then!
That is basically what it is. You can take this GS and add the Z07 brake/tire/aero package.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
More here: http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...ges/news/us/en/2016/mar/0301-corvette-gs.html

The result is a potent track car. In fact, the Grand Sport with the Z07 package is less than one second off the track record for the previous-generation Corvette ZR1 on the road course at GM’s Milford Proving Ground. Content highlights for Grand Sport include:
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tires: 285/30ZR19 (front) and 335/25ZR20 (rear)
  • Specific Grand Sport wheel design: 19x10 inches (front) and 20x12 inches (rear)
  • Brembo brake system with (355 mm) 14-inch rotors and six-piston calipers in front and (340 mm) 13.4 inch rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear
  • Standard magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs
  • Standard electronic limited-slip differential
  • LT1 V8 engine rated at (343 kW) 460 hp, with dry-sump oiling system and active exhaust
  • Seven-speed manual transmission with active rev match and available eight-speed paddle-shift automatic with specific performance calibration
  • Available Z07 package adds carbon ceramic-matrix brakes and Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Cup tires.
  • In addition to track-focused aero elements, the Grand Sport also features specific front fender inserts, a Z06-style grille and wider rear fenders – a distinctive design package that gives the car a track-ready attitude.

But between the two I'd rather take an R if attainable at sticker price. ;)

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I assume you mean "depreciate less than most other cars". Vettes several times have been in the top 3 of lowest-depreciation cars. That certainly was my experience with the C5 and C6 I owned.
Im not sure about that, the C6 ZR1 was a car that was well over $100k. These days they can be had for $55k. Very nice option between that, a c6z, gen 4 Viper when it comes to used performance cars!

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Super Sport

There is just something about middle aged men driving a Corvette....it comes across as a little creepy.

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
He was probably thinking of C5Zs...which have held around 20-25k for the last 5 years...

ZR1 for 55k?! Where? I research car prices on an unhealthy basis and haven't seen one that low.

Not trying to troll, just legitimately curious where you found that price for one with a clean title

Im not sure about that, the C6 ZR1 was a car that was well over $100k. These days they can be had for $55k. Very nice option between that, a c6z, gen 4 Viper when it comes to used performance cars!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Its a real good job these are not available in the UK as I think I'd trade my GT PP for one, it looks amazing does this Vette!

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but the new C7 Grand Sport is very tempting. Its the Z06 with normal vette's engine and its track focused with 0-60 in 3.6 secs.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2017-chevrolet-corvette-grand-sport-z06-inspiration-stingray-motivation-official-photos-and-info#2

This should be a very close battle on the track and similar price range depending on the ADM of the GT350R. The GT350R will definitely have better sound, interior and more rare. But the looks of that Grand sport is sexier and most likely faster.

This is a great year for car shopping :cheers:

It's on my radar - if they can price this in the low 60's it will be on my short list to track at some point.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It's on my radar - if they can price this in the low 60's it will be on my short list to track at some point.

You mean the "C7 1LE" is on your radar? Are you sure it's not too riffraff? :D

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
You mean the "C7 1LE" is on your radar? Are you sure it's not too riffraff? :D
This is not riff raff - unlike the new Camaro which looks completely homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I actually like the Grand Sport. Looks great!
A cross between the Stingray and Z07, minus the supercharger. But, I'd still rock the GT350R any day! :thumbsup:
Sponsored