Sponsored

GT350 vs 2017 ZL1

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No sunroof or that stupid looking rear spoiler for me please. God, that is ugly! lol I'll take the 1LE ducktail type style spoiler instead.
I'm sure this car will rip, as someone else posted up above.
And yes,....wrong comparison. The ZL1 is more a drag strip car than a road course car, but it should still be able to hold it's own. The Camaro 1LE seems to be a more road race oriented car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
The z06 is supercharged yet competes with na track cars all of the time. I'm not sure why engine aspiration matters. Both this and the upcoming z28 (if there is one) will be fantastic track cars. What we have to wonder is how far gm will take the performance level of this zl1 on the track. Will it be a straight line monster or a super track capable phenom? I think the idea is for this car to be a GT car that performs exceptionally well all around. We will find out on the 25th of this month.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Zl1 will be in the upcoming gt500 league! We haven't seen what a 1le can do. The comments about the sunroof is so funny. Why not have the luxury and the track capability at the same time with an extra couple of pounds lol.
Look Einstein. The OP was billing this as a track monster, with crazy areo. If that was the true being of this car, it would not have a sunroof. Plain and simple. Thanks for playing. Go read your magazines so you can chat about your cars performance, Mr. Bench racer.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Look Einstein. The OP was billing this as a track monster, with crazy areo. If that was the true being of this car, it would not have a sunroof. Plain and simple. Thanks for playing. Go read your magazines so you can chat about your cars performance, Mr. Bench racer.
It will be a track monster with or even without the sunroof. The jealousy is off the roof with the new camaro. Why not just accept it and move on. On top of it, if you really care about Ford's future or performance, i would suggest going through the first step, which is accepting the flaws and looking forward for improvements. What you always do is defending your brand or the car you drive. If things go with your way, Ford will be spinning its wheels. Now Mr Fanboy step aside.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Zl1 will be in the upcoming gt500 league! We haven't seen what a 1le can do. The comments about the sunroof is so funny. Why not have the luxury and the track capability at the same time with an extra couple of pounds lol.
Idk.

He footprint of the s550 is superior.

The only downsides right now have been weight, power, and damping.

I don't think we will see the gt500 messing around.

And the lt4 is aiight. But if Ford goes v8 ecoboost with the gt500, it's 2013 all over again.

Sponsored

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
the front has some resemblance to a cylon from battle star galactica.

I know this is a camo mule but the 1le looks better.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The z06 is supercharged yet competes with na track cars all of the time. I'm not sure why engine aspiration matters. Both this and the upcoming z28 (if there is one) will be fantastic track cars. What we have to wonder is how far gm will take the performance level of this zl1 on the track. Will it be a straight line monster or a super track capable phenom? I think the idea is for this car to be a GT car that performs exceptionally well all around. We will find out on the 25th of this month.
It does and it doesn't matter, depending on your priorities.

I don't like superchargers on my track cars for a few reasons:
1. They add weight to the front of the car compared to a similarly sized naturally aspirated engine.
2. They require power to spin up, so efficiency is down, which is important on track because that extra power is going to end up as waste heat.
3. There is additional complexity and ways for the vehicle to fail.

So for me, I'd take the N/A car over the S/C car every time.

1LE or Z/28 over ZL1
Boss 302 over GT500
GT350 over GT500 (assuming a new one is going to arrive).
C7 Grand Sport over C7 Z06

Many others might choose differently, and that's fine too

-T

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
It does and it doesn't matter, depending on your priorities.

I don't like superchargers on my track cars for a few reasons:
1. They add weight to the front of the car compared to a similarly sized naturally aspirated engine.
2. They require power to spin up, so efficiency is down, which is important on track because that extra power is going to end up as waste heat.
3. There is additional complexity and ways for the vehicle to fail.

So for me, I'd take the N/A car over the S/C car every time.

1LE or Z/28 over ZL1
Boss 302 over GT500
GT350 over GT500 (assuming a new one is going to arrive).
C7 Grand Sport over C7 Z06

Many others might choose differently, and that's fine too

-T
I would prefer an na track car as well but people are wording it as if we can't have this comparison because they aren't the same aspiration.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Look no further than this years lightning lap. If the Z06 isn't over heating it's a world beater.

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Look no further than this years lightning lap. If the Z06 isn't over heating it's a world beater.
Looks like GM really focused on air flow with this new ZL1. The hood has a different air extractor design than both the z06 and the cts v. Hopefully overheating is not a problem. The SS certainly isn't having problems like the Vette was having. We shall see.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Looks like GM really focused on air flow with this new ZL1. The hood has a different air extractor design than both the z06 and the cts v. Hopefully overheating is not a problem. The SS certainly isn't having problems like the Vette was having. We shall see.
Yea. A lot of guys are hoping this isn't just another rehash of the Z06/CTS-V overheating issues. Time will tell.

Z06 is a nasty machine when it's functioning properly... lol.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
While harsh, I agree. It's like me trying to find a 240sx to set up for autocross and EVERY SINGLE ONE I FIND has a dang sunroof...

Why??? :(

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't get the purpose of a sunroof on any car, let alone a performance car. And I really don't see how it is "luxurious" in any sense.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Idk.

He footprint of the s550 is superior.

The only downsides right now have been weight, power, and damping.

I don't think we will see the gt500 messing around.

And the lt4 is aiight. But if Ford goes v8 ecoboost with the gt500, it's 2013 all over again.
GT500. Twin-turbo V6 and AWD. Book it.

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I really don't get the purpose of a sunroof on any car, let alone a performance car. And I really don't see how it is "luxurious" in any sense.
I think what he meant was the luxury of having multiple options not necessarily that the sunroof is "luxury".

GT500. Twin-turbo V6 and AWD. Book it.
I could definitely see this happening minus the AWD. It would be pretty cool though. It would eat GT-R's easily.
Sponsored