Sponsored

Ecoboost Mustang Vs. Fiesta ST

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
I see a LOT more girls driving mustangs than I do Fiesta STs, fyi. Look around, you'll see it too. Not that it matters, my wife is faster in a Mustang than all but probably 3-4 forum members on here, haha.

Also, there's a reason when you buy an ST of either variety, Ford sends you to the ST academy. The ST is a special, low-volume edition. MOST mustangs are not special in any way.

Mustangs are the Toyota Camry of RWD "performance" cars. Great bang-for-the-buck, which is why I bought one, but everyone modifies them because it's the only way to blend in when you see one over 90 seconds...

I'll be keeping both my FiST AND my Stang. They are both awesome. Unless you've spent several thousand miles in each, you probably don't know what you're talking about.
Sponsored

doudou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta st
I see a LOT more girls driving mustangs than I do Fiesta STs, fyi. Look around, you'll see it too. Not that it matters, my wife is faster in a Mustang than all but probably 3-4 forum members on here, haha.

Also, there's a reason when you buy an ST of either variety, Ford sends you to the ST academy. The ST is a special, low-volume edition. MOST mustangs are not special in any way.

Mustangs are the Toyota Camry of RWD "performance" cars. Great bang-for-the-buck, which is why I bought one, but everyone modifies them because it's the only way to blend in when you see one over 90 seconds...

I'll be keeping both my FiST AND my Stang. They are both awesome. Unless you've spent several thousand miles in each, you probably don't know what you're talking about.
very true

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
FIAT 500 ABARTH IS MASTER RACE OF HATCHBACKS

now that we got that out of the way:D, i would like to say that i find something inherently apealling in having a small, light, nimble car that is capable of giving you thrills and make you smile. Always had a soft spot for hatches. With that said, i think it´s not really fair to compare a hatch to a Mustang, they are two totally different types of cars that also behave differently when pushed to the limits.

Sponsored

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Any Ecoboost owners have an update on their cars and how they compare to a Fiesta ST long term?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I feel uniquely qualified to answer this right now
this is my driveway

attachment.jpg

The FiST is an amazing little car, on a tight autocross course it will whip up on cars many times it's cost and power, the handling is almost telepathic, and it will out pull an FRS/BRZ on the autobahn while hanging with or beating them on a gymkahana. on a perfectly smooth tight winding road that I am not familiar with, I prefer to take the FiST.

The Only problem is that on any other road, the EBM will beat it hands down, On a familiar road where I am comfortable going 8/10ths or more in the Stang, I cover the same ground faster almost all the time. The FiST suspension is hard and the car does get way more upset on rough stuff than the EBM does which erodes confidence quickly and you will find it skipping about and coming off the line.

You always feel like you are blasting around like a hero in the FiST and it is very controllable at the limit which makes it fun. The EBM is much more of a hand full at the limit but that limit is noticeably higher.

All in all I love both cars and the FiST allows me to go the hardware store and pick up stuff I could only dream of in the EBM. I m truly blessed to be in the financial position in my life to have paid cash for both, But if I could only have one car, it would be Ecoboost without a doubt.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Ones a slightly neutered iconic RWD coupe, the others a performance version of a 4-door FWD econobox. I'm sure the ST handles amazingly well for what it is but it's still a Fiesta. EB wins this one.
Sponsored