Sponsored

Wind Noise - Passenger side above 65MPH

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Anyone else getting wind noise when driving above 65MPH on the freeway? Specifically, front passenger side door/window area?

Starting to get annoying.
Sponsored

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
Have it on my driver side door.
Took it in, Ford sent me home calling it NORMAL.
Figured it out myself...the door is misaligned and rubs against another part of the car....Check your passenger door alignment.

OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, do you know which general area causes the issue. And once you found the alignment issue what did you do?

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine rubs when the door is open by the 5.0 emblem.

It took me ~4000 miles to figure this out and I have an appt tomorrow morning to have it looked at. Open your door a few times and listen for a rubbing sound. My S197 always made a heavy door sound, so that's why I didn't think too much of it initially.

Noble-6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Is it metal rubbing on metal? I noticed my passenger side door is rubbing on a soft/foam insert in the door well near the glove box.

Sponsored

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it metal rubbing on metal? I noticed my passenger side door is rubbing on a soft/foam insert in the door well near the glove box.
Mine rubs metal on metal. Part of the paint is scratched!!

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, turns out my hood, front left fender, AND passenger door were slightly misaligned enough to cause wind noise. I should be getting it back today.

Take yours in to Ford, they will send it to a body shop (or they will let you take it there yourself).

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FYI, turns out my hood, front left fender, AND passenger door were slightly misaligned enough to cause wind noise. I should be getting it back today.

Take yours in to Ford, they will send it to a body shop (or they will let you take it there yourself).
Glad to hear they got it all taken care of, mustangirl! Let Nick or I know if you have any future questions or concerns; we're here to help. :headbang:

Jeff

sistrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Convertible
I just discovered the same foam/insulation rubbing problem on passenger door. Glad it wasn't metal on metal. I pushed the foam back until it didn't rub. Then noticed only the top of the foam piece had a plastic nut that was in its holder while the bottom was missing. Did you notice the same and how did you get yours fixed?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I had the same wind noise and passenger door rubbing the foam problem! The rubbing didnt bother me and the wind noise was a whistle and i fixed it by adjusting the plastic hood stoppers! The hood is lower now and wind noise is gone, i think the problem was the vents on the hood was high enough to direct the wind towards my windows cause it was coming right by the window area, i lowered the windows and still was able to hear it! If you guys have that wind noise problem try adjusting the hood more downward!

Sponsored

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just discovered the same foam/insulation rubbing problem on passenger door. Glad it wasn't metal on metal. I pushed the foam back until it didn't rub. Then noticed only the top of the foam piece had a plastic nut that was in its holder while the bottom was missing. Did you notice the same and how did you get yours fixed?
I had metal on metal rubbing. Ford sent my car to a body shop where they adjusted the driver door, left fender, and hood.

I had the same wind noise and passenger door rubbing the foam problem! The rubbing didnt bother me and the wind noise was a whistle and i fixed it by adjusting the plastic hood stoppers! The hood is lower now and wind noise is gone, i think the problem was the vents on the hood was high enough to direct the wind towards my windows cause it was coming right by the window area, i lowered the windows and still was able to hear it! If you guys have that wind noise problem try adjusting the hood more downward!
I will look at the hood this afternoon, as I am still experiencing a little bit of wind noise. Thanks!

sudika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang (Ecoboost 6MT)
Anyone else getting wind noise when driving above 65MPH on the freeway? Specifically, front passenger side door/window area?

Starting to get annoying.
I had this... my fix was to bend the passenger side rubber window gusset inwards (i.e., towards the window) to form a tighter seal to the window. Used fingers, no tools. Greatly reduced the noise.

You can also put a piece of tape on that part of the window to confirm that's where your leak is coming from.

OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have not been able to fix my issue :(. No matter what I do the noise is always still there. It sounds like there is wind or air moving through the passenger side door area. Its not a whistle like traditional wind noise. But wind moving through the passenger side door where the vents/ speaker is. Has anyone heard this same noise above 60MPH?

I swear its the wind being drawn from the hood or engine bar area traveling along or inside the passenger door area. HELP please! I took it to Ford and they said it is the turbo. re-circulation which is complete BS, because I know exactly how that should sound.

TrukNuts423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black w/ PP 401A
I still have not been able to fix my issue :(. No matter what I do the noise is always still there. It sounds like there is wind or air moving through the passenger side door area. Its not a whistle like traditional wind noise. But wind moving through the passenger side door where the vents/ speaker is. Has anyone heard this same noise above 60MPH?

I swear its the wind being drawn from the hood or engine bar area traveling along or inside the passenger door area. HELP please! I took it to Ford and they said it is the turbo. re-circulation which is complete BS, because I know exactly how that should sound.

Holy cow someone with my same issue! I've had mine in the shop 7 times now. Not to mention a plethra of other problems. I have a wonderful noise at 45+ and it sounds almost like static or a trickle of wind. Sounds like it comes through A pillar somewhere.

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
Hey I just came from the dealer had same issue they had to align the doors and they fixed it it was on driver side dealer told me they had few cars like that they put it in the system for ford
Sponsored