Sponsored

ATM no longer exists???

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Why wait for ATM if Wagner Evo1 is basically the exact same proposition for not that much more money and of very very high quality? I mean if you want you want, but if you want a certain design and one is available... Why wait.
I wanted an ATM, emailed them, facebook messaged them, replied to threads on this forum. No reply. Found the Wagner, and was nothing but impressed with the quality. I am sure ATM is a great little unit but i do not think it is better than Wagner, in any way other then perhaps price.
Sponsored

iaknown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW :)
Why wait for ATM if Wagner Evo1 is basically the exact same proposition for not that much more money and of very very high quality? I mean if you want you want, but if you want a certain design and one is available... Why wait.
I wanted an ATM, emailed them, facebook messaged them, replied to threads on this forum. No reply. Found the Wagner, and was nothing but impressed with the quality. I am sure ATM is a great little unit but i do not think it is better than Wagner, in any way other then perhaps price.
You seem to really dislike ATM, huh? :)

Unfortunately we cannot change the past regarding the way the previous owners ran the company, but as the new owners we plan to improve things and move ahead in the right direction. Our website was the 1st step towards that....no more waiting for group buys.

Regarding the other option you mentioned, there is nothing exactly the same about it. It comes down to core design and size. ATM's FMIC's outperform the Evo 1 in every platform we make them for: BMW, Mini, Ecoboost, etc. Independent test results are all over the web. The only Wagner comparable is the Evo 2 Comp...and when you look at the price it is no longer comparable....

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Curious, what are the wait times going to be like? Months as in before?

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't dislike them at all. I am sure you will do a much better job and provide enough resources to cover all your clients needs. My only issue is that if that style intercooler is sought, then there are options.
My post was in response to SpykeXX.
Can you post a comparo for the ATM vs EVO1 on the ecoboost? Of course they are not exactly the same i did not state it was exact. But they are both direct fit in place without any or major modifactions needed with a tall front facia (thinner) going into a lower thicker core unit. It is basically a similar design principal. I know it is not exactly the same.
So again, not bagging the product. I was merely perplexed why people don't consider other options when one doesn't become available anymore. Of course you will say yours is significantly better. I look forward to seeing the comparison independent tests. I am sure ATM is a great unit, that is why it was my first choice originally.

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you see my previous post? You'll like it :D
Haha actually I missed that one. Said there was a reply from you and only seen the one in response to Arno.

[MENTION=27586]Arno_ecobeast[/MENTION] Oh trust me man I'm weighing different options. I just really like the ATM FMIC and from what I've seen had phenomenal results. I had noticed that Adam and iaknown were posting about being back in business so it definitely sparked some interest haha.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
All good SpykeXX. I was just wondering. I mean from ALL accounts the ATm had a good unit that performed much better than expected. But from what i have seen Wagner was high performer too.
That's why i am interested to see the side by side comparo on these two units as both have high claims and imo direct competition. (price being the factor)

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the performance of the two was quite similar. I think it'd come down to how well it can drop temps, and if there's any pressure lost. If I remember correctly some were saying the ATM lost like a pound of pressure, but that the restriction loss/low temps totally made up for it.

*I could be wrong on this account. Totally going off memory

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
That is what I think. I ended up going with the Wagner because it is a very reputable company and did the same design and was available.
I had to pull the trigger as it was mid summer in Queensland australia which get hot AF! lol
Basically I have no regrets at all. The quality of the cooler was of the best ive seen, but it is more expensive than ATM. If actual performance is diff then it is what it is. But i am pretty happy with it. Get very little boost drop. At full pelt i think i hit 1.4bar(X psi?) at 5500RPM. Temp drops off very quickly as well, i would say a quarter of the time the stock unit went.
All in all, i think ATM would be just as good. and cheaper. But always good to look at all the options :D

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully we may see some comparisons.

And I don't doubt! Hell, getting ANYTHING over the stock intercooler is worth the money honestly haha. Even the ebay FMIC's are posting way better temps than stock. It's about to get pretty damn hot here as well. We're also gonna be moving to texas within the next year so it's a must have. As long as ATM keeps doing that good work, they'll have another customer here soon!

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
You seem to really dislike ATM, huh? :)

Unfortunately we cannot change the past regarding the way the previous owners ran the company, but as the new owners we plan to improve things and move ahead in the right direction. Our website was the 1st step towards that....no more waiting for group buys.

Regarding the other option you mentioned, there is nothing exactly the same about it. It comes down to core design and size. ATM's FMIC's outperform the Evo 1 in every platform we make them for: BMW, Mini, Ecoboost, etc. Independent test results are all over the web. The only Wagner comparable is the Evo 2 Comp...and when you look at the price it is no longer comparable....
Please please do not start another company that replies with condescending or smart remarks. Customer service goes a LONG WAY. With that said good luck and looking forward to the products you put out next.

Last edited:

Ambient Thermal Management

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
I'm back with some new credentials :D
Please please do not start another company that replies with condescending or smart remarks. Customer service goes a LONG WAY. With that said good luck and looking forward to the products you put next.
Wasn't intended to be condescending or smart to be honest and I apologize if it was taken as such. The thread was regarding ATM and I just chimed in to let those interested know that they are back and find out what the feedback was. The 2 responses regarding the Wagner FMIC were based more on a past frustration of having to wait (which no longer applies) than any useful data :shrug:

With that being said, point noted! :thumbsup: Let's move forward!....Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to supplying you guys with more quality products.

Please check out our website guys and gals and give some feedback: www.atmspeedshop.com You'll notice a few changes....

Going to post an "ATM is back" announcement thread with more pics and info soon.....

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Wow for the first time and actual ATM website. Good deal. Glad you are back as a company.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I'm back with some new credentials :D

Wasn't intended to be condescending or smart to be honest and I apologize if it was taken as such. The thread was regarding ATM and I just chimed in to let those interested know that they are back and find out what the feedback was. The 2 responses regarding the Wagner FMIC were based more on a past frustration of having to wait (which no longer applies) than any useful data :shrug:

With that being said, point noted! :thumbsup: Let's move forward!....Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to supplying you guys with more quality products.

Please check out our website guys and gals and give some feedback: www.atmspeedshop.com You'll notice a few changes....

Going to post an "ATM is back" announcement thread with more pics and info soon.....

No problem man and gorgeous website. Love the fact that you offer a shiny in your face FMIC and a black stealthy finish for guy's like me who aren't trying to get a damn state ref ticket lol.