Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I think the MBRPs have a deeper sound because there is no resonator. The MAP exhausts are great though as well. Have you ever thought removing the resonator?
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Posted some new videos for MBRP exhaust!

[ame]

[ame]

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Add a downpipe and everything changes. I miss that sound. Idk howntondescribe it now... Gonna add a 1 in 2 out muffler to try and take it back down.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] great sound! I said it before and I will keep saying it: these are the best exhausts for the EcoBoost.

Last edited:

Mike Delo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP European specs
Hello Guys!
Finally I bought the Magnaflow Competition Axleback for my European EB for 730eu, a really good price!
I'm absolutely happy and satisfied with it because the sound and the note is extremely deep and low, more than I expected and hoped and I'm also happy because I was worried about the noise but as I supposed the combination of stock resonator and competition axle back kept the noise under control.
So my vote is 10! now my EB has a sound to be proud of!
Uh! I also discovered that Joey Logano is a Magnaflow endorser so I'm double happy!

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree with the MAP exhaust, I had the full 3" with the big turbo kit, it was the worst drony, buzzy exhaust I have ever had, partly due to the Vibrant mufflers (I assume they were vibrant). I cut them off and threw on Mag streets and it was remarkable.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
[MENTION=16585]Warhead[/MENTION] the video says cannot view this video. Probably private due to Facebook link

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
[MENTION=16585]Warhead[/MENTION] the video says cannot view this video. Probably private due to Facebook link
Ah, sorry my son had recorded it and uploaded to his FB page. I will see if I can get him to upload to YouTube or elsewhere so it can be shared.

DeathWish88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Ecoboost
I've been poreing over videos daily for the last week trying to find thevrbe guy exhaust set up for me. The problem is as I'm sure you all know, you can't get the full spectrum of sound from a phone recording and even if a clip is shot with professional equipment unless you have professional equipment yourself to listen on it still won't be accurate. I'm looking for sonething something loud and aggressive with lots of crackles and gurgles.
From YouTube clips I've seen I like the Borla ATAK and the Steelworks w/ downpipe the best. My vehicle is used for daily driving so I guess I'd like something that's about an 8 on the 1 - 10 scale but if it gets higher im not against it. I like the MBRP too but it's just not loud enough from what I've seen based on user feedback and videos.

Also, somewhat of an aside but how important is the pipe diameter in terms of performance? I've heard mixed things some saying the stock 2.25 is plenty because the stock turbo is small while others say anything under 3 is too restrictive. I suppose it probably matters most on the vehicles intended use and modifications though and unless you're upgrading the turbo / doing full race it doesn't really matter?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=30511]DeathWish88[/MENTION] MBRP Race is the best choice. It is loud and really aggressive when you want it to be and it has a nice deep sound on idle. However it doesn't have a lot of crackles, just the right amount (for my taste). I think it' s the loudest and most aggressive exhaust for the EcoBoost when you step on it. And it comes at a great price. You won't regret it.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
I have been pouring over all the catbacks for the last 3 weeks and still keep coming back to the Cobb as the best sounding. Would be awesome to get some feedback on it from people who have one.

DeathWish88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Ecoboost
Those of you recommending the MBRP, what downpipe are you using and did you have to do any wielding to fit it? Also, I've read after the exhaust "breaks in" it's noticeably quieter. That's somewhat of a concern since I'm looking for loud.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Those of you recommending the MBRP, what downpipe are you using and did you have to do any wielding to fit it? Also, I've read after the exhaust "breaks in" it's noticeably quieter. That's somewhat of a concern since I'm looking for loud.
I haven't bought the downpipe yet, but if you are going for the MBRP exhaust, I recommend going with the same brand to avoid any modifications. I was looking into this which includes the cat converter and that way you are 3" from start to end (see links below). I have had the MBRP race catback exhaust for a few months now and if anything it is getting deeper and better by the use. Definitely not quieter, just richer and deeper.

Downpipe + Cat:
https://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=FGS017

Downpipe only:
https://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=CFGS018
Sponsored