Sponsored

fluctuating RPM

safeer93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I own a 2015 manual GT with 33k miles on it. I have roush AB with X-pipe installed since a year ago and everything was normal. However, when I took my car for an oil change about a month ago at the Ford Dealer, I started noticing that when I turned on the car on a cold start the rpm went to about 700 and then slowly went up to 1.4k ish and then kept fluctuating until the engine warmed up and went down to 700 where it normally is. I thought that it was ok. What bothered me was that sometimes when I am in 2nd gear and clutch all the way in, the rpm would just stay around 1.5k like somebody is hitting the gas.

I went to the dealership and they just said that they saw what I was telling them, however, they did not fix anything and they just said to keep an eye for any CEL. With the warranty almost going away in 3k miles, I want it fixed before I have to pay out of my pocket. what do you guys think I should do? and has anybody experienced this?

Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I own a 2015 manual GT with 33k miles on it. I have roush AB with X-pipe installed since a year ago and everything was normal. However, when I took my car for an oil change about a month ago at the Ford Dealer, I started noticing that when I turned on the car on a cold start the rpm went to about 700 and then slowly went up to 1.4k ish and then kept fluctuating until the engine warmed up and went down to 700 where it normally is. I thought that it was ok. What bothered me was that sometimes when I am in 2nd gear and clutch all the way in, the rpm would just stay around 1.5k like somebody is hitting the gas.

I went to the dealership and they just said that they saw what I was telling them, however, they did not fix anything and they just said to keep an eye for any CEL. With the warranty almost going away in 3k miles, I want it fixed before I have to pay out of my pocket. what do you guys think I should do? and has anybody experienced this?

Thanks in Advance.

You should clean your maf sensor and check for all the hoses in your engine see if they are all conected.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Used to happen to mine too, when i tuned my car the idle is perfect now, starts at like 1K comes down to 750 rpm slowly. Nice and stable

Try an idle relearn, unplug your battery for 20-25 min and then reconnect battery and start the car letting it idle while the engine gets to temperature, then wait one minute.

Turn the AC to Max a little over one minute, then turn off.

Then go drive the car for about 10 miles.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Used to happen to mine too, when i tuned my car the idle is perfect now, starts at like 1K comes down to 750 rpm slowly. Nice and stable

Try an idle relearn, unplug your battery for 20-25 min and then reconnect battery and start the car letting it idle while the engine gets to temperature, then wait one minute.

I agree with this and is what the dealer should have done. As well as a flash if that didn't work. I hate lazy dealers.

OP
OP
safeer93

safeer93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

I think I'm going to try this out and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored