Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They purchased cheap Chinese tools to do the head milling, which in turn caused alot of out of spec heads. If your motor made it to 20k it should be fine. However that is why they extended the warranties.

The new PSU 2016+ motors are pretty good. Though the orignal Pentastar made wards top 10 engines.
Yes, but apparently there was a minor casting change to the one head since the part number changed. Something to do with poor coolant circulation, IIRC.

My '13 was built well after the cutoff date for the "bad" heads and has well beyond 20K on it, so no worries here.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The issue with the 200 isn't the interior or the engine. It's the exterior. They look like crap. If the styling was better, they'd sell more.

I think Car and Driver agrees. Read this. Look at number 7.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've driven one. I liked it. Not sure why reviews were so terrible (other than it doesn't say Toyota or Honda on it). If I had confidence in Chrysler reliability, I'd consider one.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
The issue with the 200 isn't the interior or the engine. It's the exterior. They look like crap. If the styling was better, they'd sell more.

I think Car and Driver agrees. Read this. Look at number 7.
thats the previous model. and it was shit.

the new one is much better looking.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone that owns a Chrysler product (excluding Ram and the Charger/Challenger lineup) beyond the warranty period is asking to be a glutton for punishment.

They’ve rarely been able to design a half decent engine that is LONG TERM RELIABLE or a platform that isn’t plagued with issues excluding a few models.

The 200 is a nice car but I wouldn’t want one long term and resale is diddly squat.

That being said, I do like the Charger/Challenger/Ram and Jeep lineup (I’m a Jeep guy at heart) but otherwise not a Chrysler fan. My GF had an 06 Stratus and I owned an 97 Cherokee and 04 Grand Cherokee and my dad an 04 Ram. Needless to say, lots of $ and busted knuckles spent on those rides.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
My buddy had the suspension on his 200S swapped 6 times under warranty.

Six fucking times.

No one should ever buy on of those things.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My buddy had the suspension on his 200S swapped 6 times under warranty.

Six fucking times.

No one should ever buy on of those things.
Lol wtf.

My GF’s Stratus kept puking the same part in the cooling system 3-4x. I was a pro at pulling the upper intake to replace it by the time it was said and done. I was so happy when she got rid of that pile of shit. Thanks God it didn’t sludge itself to death before then (it was a 2.7 V6 and was making some nice noises).

Rocket403

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2010 Challenger RT 1980 Olds Cutlass 2018 Ram 1500 Sport 1996 Grand Marquis
My wife has a 2015 200 it has been a great car that she commutes to work in, it now has 218k on it, the radio is the only major thing that went on it but it was covered under warranty.

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT
My wifes old car was 200s and its the biggest POS I've owned. Trans went out at 61k miles just out of warranty followed by heater core at 68k and water pump at 71k. She loved it but was ready to let it go. I found a nice deal on an SRT Jeep and she was completely ok with upgrading to that.
Sponsored