Goodbye '16 ECB, hello '17 MX5 RF GT

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Said goodbye to my '16 ECB Premium PP manual CO Mustang w/ SOLO exhaust. Have fallen in love with the RF Miata.
Have had a bunch of performance cars and a bunch of little cars. Always appreciated the Miata but never enough to buy one. Well the RF just caught my eye and boom, got a Soul Red with tan interior GT- manual, of course. Just a sweet car and so much fun to drive. Feels like I am going 50+
when I am at 30-35. Cornering is fantastic.
I like it much more than my old MINIs(S and JCW) and old Fiat Abarth. Only have 700 miles on it and am getting around 35 mpg. Never much into MPG, but driving this car in the upper RPM's and getting that gas mileage is a new experience.
Lots of looks and favorable comments. Came out of a restaurant and a guy was taking pictures of my car:)
I smile every time I see a Mustang and miss the exhaust note. But will be ordering a Goodwin Racing Race exhaust that wil make me grin.
All the best to forum members. ZOOM Zoom. Nick
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I picked up a NB miata about a month ago - what a blast. Take it to a track day and really see where they shine.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
In b4 "it needs a turbo or supercharger" 1 year later. Suffers the same fate the FR-S and BRZ always have, underpowered. It needs at least a supercharger.

This coming from a 2013 Scion FR-S owner for 3 years.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I picked up a NB miata about a month ago - what a blast. Take it to a track day and really see where they shine.
You found one in Florida that was not a piece of crap and riced out?:lol:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You found one in Florida that was not a piece of crap and riced out?:lol:
Mint for what it is - not a single mod ever. Just repainted, new top, new belts, new tires and brakes (no good for my purposes). The owner also had a collection of custom choppers, tricked out F-250, and a Scat Pack.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Mint for what it is - not a single mod ever. Just repainted, new top, new belts, new tires and brakes (no good for my purposes). The owner also had a collection of custom choppers, tricked out F-250, and a Scat Pack.
That's good I would think it was taken care of then.

I was looking for a NA for the past couple of months but I have not seen a decent one on CL for a while. Prob will just funnel the money back into the Mustang. Seems like there is a decent selection of NBs (price is pretty close now too lol) but my heart was always with the NA, miss my 92....

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
That's good I would think it was taken care of then.

I was looking for a NA for the past couple of months but I have not seen a decent one on CL for a while. Prob will just funnel the money back into the Mustang. Seems like there is a decent selection of NBs (price is pretty close now too lol) but my heart was always with the NA, miss my 92....
Keep an eye out up around The Villages. They pop up every now and then as single owner and they just can't drive or get in and out of them any longer. The problem is you have about a three hour window from listing to sale.

Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been thinking of picking up a Miata myself....starting to do more autocross events and the Stang is a bit to big in my opinion for these tight courses that are setup in parking lots....

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Congrats on the car. Pics!

I love the new RF.

The new Mazdas are amazing. I had a 2014 Mazda6 and it was a great car. Only got rid of it because wife wanted a Jeep.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In b4 "it needs a turbo or supercharger" 1 year later. Suffers the same fate the FR-S and BRZ always have, underpowered. It needs at least a supercharger.

This coming from a 2013 Scion FR-S owner for 3 years.
I don't get why Mazda doesn't at least offer this as an option. Just a little boost and some wider tires would make it much better.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I don't get why Mazda doesn't at least offer this as an option. Just a little boost and some wider tires would make it much better.
They did for a couple years anyway...
Sponsored