Could you build a better Mustang or Camaro for $40k

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
Your car is faster than my car in a straight line. Auto with a stall converter and drag specific tires with a tune(looks like long tube headers in the 2nd vid?). My car is a manual with just exhaust and long tube headers with no tune.
Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
You can do a lot to mustang for $8k. Especially if you can tune some wrenches. I'm just over $4k and I've got wheels, catback, leather takeoffs, Steeda springs and subframe parts, Roush facsia and other cosmetic mods. Haven't really messed with the engine yet since I want to keep the powertrain intact and not have to worry about. Plus mine is just a cruiser anyhow. Definitely stands out from the crowd.

OP
OP
PrimetimeKenny_S550

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
^I agree, I'm only $850 in not including the cost of tires, since I consider it maintenance. On a tangent, Has anyone been rubbed the wrong way By the price of Government Motors? Essentially, we as tax payer paid to save the company. Kudos to Ford as the only member of the big three to not file for chapter 11 or bankruptcy.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I try to go newly-used if possible which has helped me save a good bit of money. SO far I haven't put nearly as much in the Mustang as I have my other cars, more so because it's not needed. Very little you need to do to the Mustang to cosmetically button them up.

I paid $650 for a barely used set of BC-BR racing coilovers, $1,000 + PP wheels for my Velgen VMB8's, $250 for a used SCT tuner and $300 for the tune, $60 for the lens tinting, $270 for the window tint, $120 for the roof wrap, $20 for the black emblems.

That's the upside to the Mustang being the better selling one. You might see more on the road and it's "less unique" but you will find a bigger used parts market as well. That;s what I liked about the Subarus. You could find any used part you wanted.
IMG_0672.JPG

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Oh for sure, you strike me as a hard core racer dude. Probably have tons of video of you tearing up a road course huh? Roll races are for ricers with front wheel drive. And Mustang & Camaro owners that cant figure out how to launch their car. You have haphazard mods but come in and claim Camaros are faster? Faster than you. Sure. Faster than the rest of us. Nawww. Why would you have headers without a tune in the first place?
Hey bud,

Aren't you running cobra jet manifold? How do you like that so far? Do you think its DD ready and track capable at the same time?

Sponsored

Grabber5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I test drove a few 6th Gen SS, and several S500s before i bought my 17. I have had several 5.0 cars, and a couple 5th gen Camaros so i wasnt brand specific when looking for my next car. I was ready to pull the trigger on an SS but the lowest they would go was 38K for a Blue 1SS with Auto, Black wheels, and Duel mode exhaust, sticker on the car was 41K i believe. I decided to wait and think over if i really wanted to spend that much for a base SS Camaro even though i really liked the cars performance out of the box, the interior seemed excessively small. Im glad I waited. the next day i was driving by a Ford dealership and saw my Car parked out front. from the moment i saw it i said to myself im going to buy that car. so i pilled in and and a few hours later i drove away with my car because they gave me the deal i wanted,base Grabber blue MT-82 car, with black appearance package and 3:55 for 29K sticker was 35K. that's a $8K difference between the two. My car as it sits is considerably faster and handles better than a stock SS Camaro and im only 3K tops into my car mods wise. Ive still got 5K to spend before im at the original cost of the camaro. I think i made the right decision on going with the mustang. I like the looks better, the interior design i like better even though it rattles worse than any car ive ever owned, and the cost was for sure better.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hey bud,

Aren't you running cobra jet manifold? How do you like that so far? Do you think its DD ready and track capable at the same time?

No I'm stock manifold. That'll probably be the next mod if we do anything more to this car. But I think we're done with the 15 as far as go fast mods.
Sponsored