Sponsored

X-Plan on New Mustang

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Hey guys, I'm absolutly new to this and I want to buy a 2017 Mustang soon. So far I understand that the X-Plan is the what Ford employees get if they want to buy a car, so if I sign up for this Mustang Club of America I get the X-Plan pricing like I am an ford employee?
So I can sign up for $50 a year to the MCA and have to wait 60 days to get that benefit? Did I get it right so far?

How much would I save on a 2017 Mustang GT base model?
Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Not quite correct. X-Plan is for Ford partners. Employees get a different mostly better pricing plan. However X-Plan is a very good no hassle deal in most cases.

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Hey guys, just went to 2 different dealerships today and ask for a base GT, one quoted me $29500 for a manual GT, went to another dealership afterwards and he quoted $35,900. Showed him the offer from the other dealership and the sales guy looked shocked about the price and slowly went down with the price, he still said $33000 and called his manager over, he said that they can't beat $29500 because they buy the car from Ford for $32000 hahaha. They said that the other dealer just want to bait me, after 10 minutes of beating around the bush he offered $29900... Is that a good price? Would I get even more off that with x-plan?

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Am I wasting my time going for the X-plan if I'm ordering a 2018 GT350?

Sponsored

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
X-Plan plus $25,000 mark-up. :doh:
Naaa.....they've already agreed to MSRP, worst case, probably a little better. I've purchased a number of vehicles from them.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Not sure if I can ask this question here, but I am unable to get in contact with SVTOA regarding their membership and need to know if they still include X Plan as part of it.

I am in a tight bind, in special ordering a GT Premium by Tuesday and want to use X Plan on it. I do not want to sign up, only to find out that isn't part of the benefits. I would really appreciate if anyone would answer this question for me.

Does anyone know of any other methods, of gaining access to X Plan? The last relative (maternal uncle) that worked for Ford, died 5 years ago and left there in the early 2000s, so I wouldn't really benefit from any discounts on that end.

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Not sure if I can ask this question here, but I am unable to get in contact with SVTOA regarding their membership and need to know if they still include X Plan as part of it.

I am in a tight bind, in special ordering a GT Premium by Tuesday and want to use X Plan on it. I do not want to sign up, only to find out that isn't part of the benefits. I would really appreciate if anyone would answer this question for me.

Does anyone know of any other methods, of gaining access to X Plan? The last relative (maternal uncle) that worked for Ford, died 5 years ago and left there in the early 2000s, so I wouldn't really benefit from any discounts on that end.
Members of the Mustang Club of America are eligible for X Plan discounts :thumbsup:

Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
After I signed up at Mustang Club of America, I was given a disclaimer that I wouldn't get my X-Plan info and etc from MCA until 2-3 weeks. Hopefully that isn't problematic for me, due to ordering dates for the MY2017 Mustang ending June 30. There must be some way to utilize X-Plan, upon taking delivery in August or so.

interestinganimals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Opel
I completely agree with dgc333. The sales agreement has had to be crossed out and be changed to $100. Off topic, this is so funny!

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Baz, actually it is up to the dealer weather to participate in x plan or not. Also, if they do elect to participate, only stuff on the lot and certain lines have to be, per ford. Mustang is not one of those lines. However most dealerships will do it as it increases their sales and allotments, and they have the opportunity to get your old car for trade in. Some will even xplan shelbies but usually only for certain customers.
I just factory ordered a 17 Mustang and purchased it on the X-Plan. I built the car I wanted on the X-Plan site. The only vehicles that were not eligible for X-Plan when I ordered my car in May we're the GT350, Focus RS and Raptor and there is no mention in the rules that the car has to come from dealer inventory. When you build the car on the X-Plan site it is the same as the regular site but all the pricing reflects the X-Plan prices and it includes any rebates available in the bottom line. I got $1400 and another $500 for using Ford Credit.

I have purchased 4 Ford's since 2011 (2 were Mustangs) using X-Plan, two were factory ordered and 2 were brought in from other dealership inventory. It is a easy way to get a fair price with no negotiating.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
yes the plan is wonderful for custom orders, my gt350 is first car I bought not on the plan..
Sponsored