RACE TECH FORGED WHEELS—A STORY YOU MAY NOT HAVE HEARD

garyever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche GT3
Hi everyone. I own a Porsche GT3, track regularly, and like Mustangs, but have never have had the pleasure of owning one. I am here only to provide information about RTM/RTF operations already posted on most other Motorsports sites, that appear have not reached Mustang Forum members. I hope moderators will be a bit patient with this post as there are presently some $20,000 or more worth of abused/dissatisfied customers chasing or filing suit against RTF for refunds. I and other Rennlist members have helped several complaintants to retrieve their funds, obtain their prepaid wheels, or resolve other disputes, and your members should be aware of these difficulties before they consider a purchase.

RTM/RTF’s status as a authorized vendor and their privileges to advertise have recently been permanently revoked on Rennlist Forum, Corvette Forum, 6 speed Forum, Mustang Forum, and possibly other Motorsports sites due to forum members’ numerous displays of posted evidence of RTM’s customer abuse, ie. wrongfully blaming lengthy late delivery of wheels on UPS/DHL/Fed X, etc,, displaying/sending fake tracking numbers to customers for wheels that were never shipped, sending fake return payment vouchers to customers to prove money returned that was never returned, going dark ignoring emails/phone calls/text, numerous manufacturing mistakes, wobbling wheels, wrong hub hole cuts requiring wheels to be beat off one vehicle with people swinging sledge hammers (utube video available), wrong lug hole cuts, 3 sets of wheels with shattered spokes during the last 4 months after being used only 4 days on track, bait and switching to fake cast wheels instead of monoblock forged advertised, State of California business license suspended 2016, RTM/RTF displaying fake business addresses on their site, and 30+ other owner complaints too numerous to include in this paragraph (See attachment “Complaint # 6“ below for a complete list through 12/2016 and there are more complaints and broken wheels through Jan 2017.

RTM could have easily squelched all of these charges with various tracking records certifying who, when, where and what metal and process was used to produce their wheels that all reputable companies keep on hand permanently, but at best have only copied and delivered a few internet pictures, dodged the question, or stood flat footed and in some cases attacking posters that shared their complaints

You will see my posts (garyever/black GT3) and other forum members along with hard copy evidence attached and RTM’s rebuttals as to what is going on at RTM/RTF in the following links. This gets pretty ugly.

Complaint #6—-Sorry, I was not able to attach the complaint list, so after I tried a # of different ways to attach it, I finally just pasted all the complaints at the bottom of this thread. There are hard copy Exhibits to prove every complaint as noted on the complaints, but those are too much to attach and display at this setting.

Links:

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/965943-race-tech-forged-owes-me-5000-a.html

http://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/955881-race-tech-forged-pulled-trigger.html

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...0339-my-experience-with-race-tech-forged.html

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/3928077-racetech-forged-experience.html

The Smoking Gun(see exhibit attached via this link) http://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...ch-forged-owes-me-5000-a-10.html#post13818260

Decide for yourself if this company is worth $5000 of your business and PM if you are aware of any other forums still allowing their ads.

THERE ARE NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ON FORUM SITES AGAINST RTM/RTF THAT DISPLAY A ROUTINE
DISREGARD OF CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS, CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, AND THAT THEY WILL PERPETRATE ANYTHING THEY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH TO KEEP THIS PONZI SCHEME GOING.

CONSUMER COMPLAINTS

Corvette Forum—blue bomber697(exhibit #37) - 5 1/2 months to deliver a promised 3-5 week delivery date, when received the wheels were bent and wobbled, multiple people complaining about RTM porblems, fake UPS tracking # and shipping label issued to buy time to get the wheels mfg’rd before consumer cancelled the order, RTM faked that the wheel damage was caused by the shipper, no center caps delivered with wheels, lying to him constantly, another fake tracking # and shipping label, most frustrating experience of his life, weeks of no returned phone calls, Raz lies about everything. You can’t believe a word he says. Prohibited acts by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

Corvette Forum—axr6-(exhibit # 38)— he confirmed all of blue bombers complaints were accurate and that he had the same problems with RTM, many weeks of no returned phone calls, delay in delivery, he thought RTM was running a Ponzi scheme, RTM issued fake shipping label to buy time, RTM’s business address showed up on Google as a high rise apartment bldg., he advised everyone to avoid this business. (exhibit # 38) Prohibited acts by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

Better Business Bureau SanDiego complaint —(exhibit #39)— 4 1/2 month to get money back that only came with the filing of a BBB complaint, the drawings promised to him never arrived, the owner Raz lied to him continuously, that the return funds had been sent (a lie), he did this 3 times over 3 months until BBB complaint filed, and was finally resolved only by the filing of a BBB. Prohibited act by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

Rennlist Forum—Dirac-(exhibit #40)—- 2 1/2+ weeks late delivery, Raz not turning phone calls or emails,
razz issued a fake tracking number and shipping order to avoid having to issue a refund Prohibited by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

5. Rennlist Forum—-garyever (exhibit # 41)- My reply to Dirac listing all the problems I had with RTM in their manufacturing of wheels and eventually having to send a formal complaint to the Attorney General of Calif to resolve the issue(exhibit #41)

6. Corvette Forum—docwyle- (exhibit #42) it takes 3 to 4 emails to get a reply, too late for him to cancel, doesn't recommend doing business with RTM, He posted a link to a complaint on another site, the problem is still not fixed. (exhibit # #42)

7. Corvette Forum—AORoads-(exhibit #43)— referenced multiple problems, blue bombers problem with bent wheel that wobbled and had to be replaced after waiting for months.

8. Corvette Forum—gymdoc—(exhibit #44)—lated delivery, he advises consumers must use credit card to protect your rights when dealing with RTM, My remark that I’m told RTM is now refusing to accept credit cards due to the numerous requests for return of funds.

9. Rennlist Forum—-fined—(exhibit #45)—3-5 weeks delivery promised—after nine weeks no wheels or pictures of wheels to prove that they even existed,. 2–3 fake tracking numbers and shipping order issued that never existed to buy RTM time, order canceled by credit card after nine weeks. Prohibited act by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

10. My Email to Raz at RTM—garyever (exhibit #46)—3/22/16 Raz sends me a copy of the invoice (contract) to sign with the contract date and delivery date the same and I sent it back to be corrected. He replies to other concerns in my email but dodges correcting the delivery date hoping I will forget. I warn him not to play me or I will go elsewhere, giving him “the benefit of the doubt”. You can see this pattern in virtually every complaint listed in this section. I should have followed my instincts and cancelled at that time and am more cautious about internet rascals now. Prohibited by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

11. Rennlist Forum—muisamme— (exhibit #47)—-4 weeks delivery promised on wheels. Buyer now at 8-9 weeks and still no wheels. Raz promises to check on the status, never calls back, ignores emails and calls or replies, still no wheels. Prohibited by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

12. My final attempt to get Raz to return my money and his shyster excuses for not cooperating—-(exhibit #69)

13. Personal Message to me on Rennlist—((exhibit #49)—-this Rennlist member asked that I not use his name. Refers to RTM as con artists, RTM agreed to a return credit but only if he signed a statement that he would not discuss the matter online. He indicates that he has other friends that might be persuaded to come forward with their complaints. Prohibited act by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

14. racetechmotoring.com website—Sam Craven (exhibit #77)———I copied this complaint off of RTM’s website. Was promised 3-5 weeks delivery on wheels and is now over eight weeks. RTM it is not returning any phone calls and customer is irate. Prohibited act by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

15. My complaint on Pelican Parts website (exhibit #51 incl. picture)—-evidence of shipping delays, manufacturing mistakes, wrong parts, not returning phone calls, refusal to return funds, false advertising, broken wheel spokes at 125 mph on track coming close to killing me. Prohibited acts by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

16. Corvette Forum—mindbend—(exhibit #52)— Says he barely escaped RTM. Heard about other complaints and high-pressure for upfront money, found a BBB complaint and my complaint, and canceled his interest in buying.

17. Phone call from Tom Clements —-(exhibit #53)—-11/29/16 Tom Clemens called and indicated he’d read mine and other’s complaints online about RTM and ask my opinion as to what was happening there. After a short discussion Tom indicated that he had paid RTM a 100% deposit of $3900 to PayPal to initiate the production of wheels for his twin turbo, but Raz of RTM subsequently called him and said that he no longer had access to that PayPal account and that he will have to pay the transaction as an electronic transfer to the Wells Fargo bank. PayPal indicated that they would start the process of returning his funds and he eventually got the funds returned by PayPal.
Smelling a rat, I called PayPal and ask them if RTM was still approved to transact business at PayPal and they advised that they were and their status had not changed. (False Statements by RTM)
I sent Tom a message back that RTM was still approved at PayPal and Raz’s suggestion was likely a con to get him to move his deposit to a place where he would have no ability to recover the funds if something goes wrong with the transaction. Tom had already told me he had no intention of proceeding with RTM.
Raz at RTM uses fraudulent tactics and false statements routinely to dupe customers into a weak position so that RTM can stay in control of the 100% deposits they collect and control the actions of the consumer. Prohibited act by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

18. Rennlist Forum—MECH 33—Marty Grunthaner —(exhibit #54)— MECH 33 contacted me 11.2.16 via the Rennlist Forum personal message system to see if I could help him solve some communication problems with RTM and help him with a strategy to get back his deposit from RTM. That he's been trying to get a return for several months. A few weeks later 11/10/16 MECH33 phoned me indicating that he had still not received a refund of the deposit paid to start designs for the wheels he wanted RTM to produce and stated they would return his money, but only in exchange for his silence that he wouldn't complain on any forum sites or otherwise broadcast any negative statements about race tech motoring. Raz was going to send him a statement that he had to sign mandating in silence. (I believe this constitutes extortion?) Against Magnuson-Moss?

A couple weeks later he had still not received any money back, and no one at RTM would return a number of his calls and voicemail messages requesting an explanation. I was aware of a number of consumers requesting their money back and that Raz was using the same strategy to buy their silence and then not sending the money. I suspect that race tech motoring is in serious financial difficulty and is using that strategy to keep angry consumers at bay until he can produce the funds from future victums. A couple weeks later MECH33 called and advised that he did get his money back, but it took three checks over several weeks to get it. Razz explaining that his “Finance Department”(exhibit #54-page 3of3) had made several mistakes issuing the checks. Mech33 advised he had promised Raz to give him a good recommendation on Rennlist rather in lieu of signing anything. This, among other complaints I’ve heard indicating the same installment type of payments over several weeks, confirms to me that RTM is operating on a day by day money flow and is close to bankruptcy.

19. Rennlist Forum, “pkincy”(exhibit #33) His take on what is happening at Race Tech Motoring—-A ponzi scheme of Getting 50% or more deposits from customers A,B,C,&D to cover basic business expenses and cutting charges to deliver wheels to A&B and then stalling C&D’s deliveries until they get E&F’s deposits to deliver C&D, and hoping to stay ahead of cash flow problems, and resulting complaints from the stalling tactics, which appears to be happening routinely at RTM/RTF. They are even getting 100% deposits in many cases, but many think that due to numerous requests for a return of funds, having to correct too many manufacturing mistakes (exhibit #41), having to remanufacture too many poorly cut wheels, wobbling wheels (exhibit #37 Page 3 of 4), shattered spokes (exhibit #4) etc., they still can’t stay ahead of the scheme and I have heard of 2 recent complaints, one of which is listed as (exhibit # 54), where RTM had to return money in installments, blaming it on errors in their financial office’s issuing of checks. Bankruptcy could be near. I’m sure the numerous complaints (19 listed) on Rennlist, Pelican Parts, the Corvette forum, the BBB, and other complaint sites are also taking their toll.

20. Rennlist forum, —Jay in Toronto, —(exhibit #70. #71, 81) Several weeks late delivery, wheels hub openings cut too big, Raz promised to return his money and sent a shipping voucher to return at customer’s expense to RTF’s (fake address) even though Jay’s warranty didn’t require that from customer (Waranty Fraud (exhibit # 28 in Complaint #2). Raz was taking advantage of Jay’s not making a copy of his original warranty forcing the provisions of the new warranty on him. Then 2 months later and many phone phone calls/emails, Jay still did not have any money returned, and posted on Rennlist starting a fire storm of response from the forum, so Raz emailed a fake “Return of Funds” voucher (exhibit #71, p. 2) and Jay now 3 months later still has no money back( see more detail in (exhibit # 70, #71, #81).
22. Rennlist Forum—-GT3 Chuck—(exhibit #72) Chuck is a Six Speed forum moderator that chimed in on # 20 complaint to confirm that RTM had been banned from advertising on the Six Speed forum due to the outrageous conduct coming from Raz at RTM.

23. Rennlist Forum—-TT Surgeon—-(exhibit #73) advising that all RTF wheels had been banned in his area from participating in Race Driver Education (DE) track events due to the well known failures of these wheels. This is why I think there are many undiscovered RTM wheel failures.

24. Rennlist Forum——MK TT(exhibit #74) Notifying that RTM wheels had been banned off advertising on the Porsche Forum.

25. Rennlist Forum——AudiON 19s (exhibit #75) Advising these wheels should last 8 years and RTM are failing in the 1st season.

26. Rennlist Forum——Christian Hirsh (exhibit #76) Advising that Race Tech Wheels delisted with the Drivers Education (DE) unit in his area

27. racetechmotoring.com website—Sam Craven (exhibit #77)— I copied this complaint off of RTM’s website. Was promised 3-5 weeks delivery on wheels and eventually took 3months to get them. RTM it is not returning any phone calls and customer is irate. Raz didn't bother to return any of his emails or phone calls and didn't care enough about this to even pull his complaint off of RTM’s site.

Prohibited act by code sections 17200 and 17500 (exhibits #56, #57)

28. Rennlist Forum——bhf cit Brian (exhibit #79, #80) —- Wheels shattered for spokes 8th day of tracking. Raz has bait & switched him to the new warranty and is only offering to replace one wheel and old wheel returned at customer expense. I have given him a copy of his warranty and told him to pursue Raz and threaten to call the district attorney if he doesn’t do the #bmw #bmwm right thing.

COMPLAINT #7—-THIS BUSINESS APPEARS
TO BE ON THE EDGE OF BANKRUPTCY

Several of the forum complaints I have listed including mine send me a clear signal that this business continues in a state of severe financial difficulty in that they are forced to delay returns that they know they are obligated to pay by stonewalling customers indefinitely, or issuing the returns in several small payments, and eventually do return some, but in the mean time, end up having to make false statements and falsify documents to buy time until they have the funds to return via new wheel sales. In my case they think they have falsified enough documents to legally Stonewall my efforts to prevail on the warranty, so are not returning my funds.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
garyever

garyever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche GT3
I am one of the shattered wheel spokes on the 4th track day(90 laps)

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
bump for others!