#640 For Sale

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
Found 640 for sale at a Honda dealer in Greensboro NC. Everything looks great except it has what appears to be a JLT intake installed which means it may have a tune. Not that big of a deal but the dealership is claiming all the modifications were done by Ford. I have serious doubts Ford installed a JLT CAI and they also claim that the previous owner is willing to share engine specific details with the new owner. I'm assuming this is probably engine tune data. It's priced comparatively with other Anniversary cars w/same mileage and it does appear to be well taken care of but I just wonder why anybody would mod a limited edition car and if it's been tuned, how was it driven.

Just wondering if the previous owner is on the forum and also if this a "find another" situation.
Also, any impact by the mods on price?
Flyer
50 th Annv Eng Pic.JPG
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Mods will almost always negatively impact a car because it caters to that person's wants and needs. With that being said, I think the anniversary edition will make the mods less of an impact.

Btw, I'm pretty close to that dealership. I should swing by and have a look. I'm on Wendover.

mlawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Vert, 5spd 2015 mustang gt anniver
Intake and tune is a very modest mod that can easily be switched back to stock. It gives mild HP increase to rwhp and won't damage the engine.

The notion that the old owner will only share the secrets of the mods with the new owner is a joke. If I was seriously interested i'd tell them to get me the mod list or forget it.

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would be skeptical of buying a car that may be already tuned (unless it was a reliable tuner). I looked at getting a 14 GT500 a few years ago, and I popped the hood and noticed a smaller aftermarket pulley on it. I was like, who tuned the car? They were like what? There is smaller pulley on it, so there has to be a tune on it. Then they got their "Mustang Expert" and told me it was a canned tune for the pulley. I was like ok and walked away from their "deal". Eventually I found a better car :-)
Sponsored