Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Can't compare other regular cars with a GT350, he will see substained high RPM's and high trap speeds and cars have hit limp mode just driving twisties in the mountain with passengers on board.
I did say you don't have to go full bore. There are no hills of significance and rarely do you not come up upon traffic. Have you driven the "Green Hell"? I have and I can tell you that the first laps will be of a slow pace. The track is inherently dangerous but loads of fun.

lemers,

take your time have fun and be safe. I am sure you will see the 10min lap time as I have done it in a much smaller and less powerful car. Do not ride the lower gears to redline as this track is a fast track and sometimes it is best to short shift to carry speed. The temps should be cool and I think you will be fine.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Drive faster..:headbang: but seriously be safe that road looks terrifying.
You have no idea!!!!! There's a reason it is named the "Green Hell". I will one day return to Germany and do it again.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's the video I was looking for!! Sabine is a hoot!!!! I have personally seen all kinds of cars on the Ring and not all are stellar performers.
Fortunate enough to have stayed at her hotel a couple times. Unfortunately, she wasn't there. Even more unfortunately, I've got a long way to go before I can drive as well as her (even in a van) or GT350Recon!...

Sabine Hotel.jpg

gt350recon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
My goodness - I just found out I can hold my breath for 8 minutes.
hahaha

Dang. And WITH A PASSENGER?

Very nice.
He was a big boy too lol.

Job well done!

How many laps did you get in before you felt comfortable?

It is one hell of a work out for any who is planning to attend. Eat your Wheaties!
Thanks! I've been a few times before in a supercharged S2000. I prepared for my first time by doing tons of simulated laps. By lap 4 I was doing 9 minutes but really 10+ laps to understand the nature of the Ring. It took about 4 laps in the GT350 to fully trust it.

Looks like I'll be going to the Ring on 13 May.
Anything significant about that date or just a free weekend? I will probably be there around the July 4th holiday if you're going to be around as well? Going on an epic Euro Road trip down south through Germany.

Fortunate enough to have stayed at her hotel a couple times. Unfortunately, she wasn't there. Even more unfortunately, I've got a long way to go before I can drive as well as her (even in a van) or GT350Recon!...
Nice man. Car looks great there in front of the hotel. I had steak on a rock at their restaurant as one does.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I had steak on a rock at their restaurant as one does.
Had one there, too! Looking forward to returning with some friends in September.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
By lap 4 I was doing 9 minutes but really 10+ laps to understand the nature of the Ring. It took about 4 laps in the GT350 to fully trust it.
- Are you using stock camber settings?

- Going to the Luxembourg meet next month?

- Post a reminder when you go in July. May be able to tag along. Will take notes with no shame.

gt350recon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
- Are you using stock camber settings?

- Going to the Luxembourg meet next month?

- Post a reminder when you go in July. May be able to tag along. Will take notes with no shame.
-Yes, stock camber. Stock everything. I'm curious about the difference with more camber as I've heard it mentioned before.

-I don't know of a Luxembourg meet. Got the deets?

-Will do.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If anyone wants a stress-free guided car-guy tour in Germany - these guys are very good. They will get you on the Ring (probably with RSR), do Castle tours, trips from Nurburg to Spa in Belgium....car factories, car museums. Seriously - if you don't "know" your way around, you can fit so much in with these guys.

http://www.championshiptouring.com/

Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
I did the track attack but cannot imagine how long it would take to feel comfortable at speed there.

One heck of a check in the box.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
If anyone wants a stress-free guided car-guy tour in Germany - these guys are very good. They will get you on the Ring (probably with RSR), do Castle tours, trips from Nurburg to Spa in Belgium....car factories, car museums. Seriously - if you don't "know" your way around, you can fit so much in with these guys.

http://www.championshiptouring.com/
That looks amazing...do you do any driving on that tour OR just guided/chauffered?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That looks amazing...do you do any driving on that tour OR just guided/chauffered?
It's mostly about driving. Look up RSR Nurburg. They coordinate renting whatever car you want. Anything from an M3 to a McLaren. You can drive on the Ring or go in a group with walkies and a lead car/guide is provided. He doesn't hold you back, either ;) :) :)

Or if you're like me - First time in Germany and just wanted to get on the Ring - you can get a Taxi ride from one of the companies that provides that.

I rented a GT4 for the day and some friends got GT3s, Alfas, M3s....and it's a day-long tour. We went to the old, retired parts of the ring, over to Belgium, where we had lunch... Really fun.