2015 Mustang GT Premium
Getting exhaust re aligned and re tightened tomorrow. Will update later
Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I just installed the touring axle back and it also sags. Installed it Monday night, and every night since, I've been out there pushing it back into alignment and retightening it

Tonight I'll try locktight and 1,000 ft/lbs of torque...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the touring axle back and it also sags. Installed it Monday night, and every night since, I've been out there pushing it back into alignment and retightening it

Video! Video! :lol:

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
lol, it will be two legs sticking out from under the car, swearing and cussing and throwing tools...

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Mine sags on the driver's side as well. Everything was held in place with floor jacks while tightening, but immediately sagged. I'm going to try one more time before bending the hanger.

Sponsored

OP
OP

5.0_Tyler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had mine re aligned by a shop. Looked good after they did it, I drove home and its sagging already. not sure what to do. Maybe adjust the tip so its centered. Idk what the issue is still, weather its the pipes, or tips, or hangar.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine re aligned by a shop. Looked good after they did it, I drove home and its sagging already. not sure what to do. Maybe adjust the tip so its centered. Idk what the issue is still, weather its the pipes, or tips, or hangar.
Sounds like a bad batch of clamps. There's not really anything else it could be.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
After I installed my Corsa Sport catback, I noticed I had one muffler box sitting lower than the other. All the pipework was neatly aligned, and everything was as tight as I dared go without crushing the pipework.

I pulled the mufflers off and noticed the rear hanger was at a different angle on each muffler box, hence the difference in how low they sat once installed. I ended up using some heat and slid a long piece of pipe over the rear hanger to give me adequate leverage to bend it so that they both matched up. I wanted the exhaust to be as tucked up and flush as possible, so I made them both mufflers tuck under the car as much as I could by making the angle pretty acute.

If you haven't done already, check the angle of your rear hangers on each Corsa muffler. If they are different, have the shop bend them to the correct angle.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
My Sport catback is literally being installed right now and I have just seen this and I'm getting worried. Duh.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My Sport catback is literally being installed right now and I have just seen this and I'm getting worried. Duh.
Check the hanger rods and have them use high temp loctite on the clamps.

Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I was back under the car last night, after the passenger side sagged AGAIN. Bought red locktite, removed bolts and tightened up again. I could ratchet the bolts off with minimal effort. And I damn well know they were torqued to over 45lbs when I installed them.

I called Corsa yesterday and left a VM, no call back yet

I'm pretty disappointed in the system at this point, no way the quality reputation of Corsa should allow this type of issues.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was back under the car last night, after the passenger side sagged AGAIN. Bought red locktite, removed bolts and tightened up again. I could ratchet the bolts off with minimal effort. And I damn well know they were torqued to over 45lbs when I installed them.

I called Corsa yesterday and left a VM, no call back yet

I'm pretty disappointed in the system at this point, no way the quality reputation of Corsa should allow this type of issues.
Agreed. They should send you new clamps. In the meantime I would consider picking up some stainless ones from Summit Racing. Its possible the ones you have got yielded and now will not spring back and retain tightness because of the plastic deformation. That or the nuts on these are bad.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Its the clamps guys. I eventually just tacked mine in a couple spots and it hasnt moved since.

Matt

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Its the clamps guys. I eventually just tacked mine in a couple spots and it hasnt moved since.

Matt
Hmmm. Mine has never moved, but I would've had it tacked if it would've.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Mine sagged on about the 3rd day. Noticed the sound change and was a tad confused till I got home and my tips were completely out of the holes in the bumper LOL. I couldnt get them to quit despite tightening the clamps numerous times so quick couple tacks with the MIG and they are perfect.

Matt
Sponsored