Sponsored

Opinions needed on a 2017 GT PP or Premium..

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It just depends on what you want, between the two choices.

Only you can make the decision, chose wisely.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have both. If I had to do it again and could only pick one, it would be premium.

You can mostly piece together a PP after the fact if you want.
For the price the PP is offered at, it's a steal. Just look at the price of Brembos by themselves and the rest is just icing on the cake. Even then, you can sell the other stuff like the wheels and suspension if you change it.

I don't mind the bigger radiator either when it's 102 outside with 70-80% humidity in the summer.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
As others have said, the things that you get with the PP are a steal. I personally went with Premium because I like my interior to look and feel nice.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I'm ordering both when I am ready for the 18.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
Dang it's such a hard decision lol. If I didn't care about modding it I would probably just shell out the extra 4-5k and get everything but I really want to lower it get some new wheels if I don't get the pp add an exhaust and supercharger setup. Funds aren't there for everything lol

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
IF they have a Premium with 3.55 gears, its going to feel fast like the PP.

And the 2015+ GT's 4-piston brakes are the same as the S-197 Brembos, so you already have impressive brakes stock.
So you don't miss out on too much by not getting the PP brakes.

You would be missing out on a few things, like torsen differential, bigger radiator, slightly stiffer suspension.
But most people change out the springs and other PP suspension bits anyway.

Personally, I don't really like the 3.73 gears in my PP. I go through 1st too fast.

Or get your car fully loaded with Prem., PP, recaros, nav, etc... like I did. Then you really won't feel the need to mod. it.

I think in hindsight, I'd rather a Cali Special Premium with 3.55 gears. (would cost about the same as what my PP Premium did) - $43k MSRP

Last edited:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Dang it's such a hard decision lol. If I didn't care about modding it I would probably just shell out the extra 4-5k and get everything but I really want to lower it get some new wheels if I don't get the pp add an exhaust and supercharger setup. Funds aren't there for everything lol
Get what you want now, you can always save money to get the addons later down the road. Cruise the classified to find good deals on springs and exhaust and save for the s/c. Thats my plan for the 18.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Drive both first. Think about it a bit. Buy what works for you.:thumbsup:

Good Luck:cheers:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went with the Premium. I really like the interior and additional features of the Premium, especially for a daily driver. I would have ended up changing many of the PP items anyway like the shocks, springs, sway bars, wheels, tires... I have gt350r springs and Koni shocks in my garage, and plan to order some 350r sway bars. I also seen a member on here part together a new Brembo setup for just over $800 which I plan to do this year. So for a new suspension, and Brembo's I'd still be less than $2k. Obviously, if you want the 3:73 torsen then get the PP, but if you're mainly buying it for the suspension and brakes, they can be upgraded fairly easily on the regular Premium with even better parts. As other's have said, if you can afford both, then do it.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You should be able to find a low millage PP+premium for low 30's if you can handle getting a slightly used car. Considering how much value these car lose in the first few years, I wish it was the route I took. Let someone else take the hit on depreciation.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I was torn on the same call.

I ended up going with the premium because:

- I really preferred the Foundry wheels over the PP wheels.
-Felt like 3.73's were going to get old fast.
-I knew with either car I'd end up playing with the suspension to get the ride height were I wanted it.
-The stock 4 pistons brakes really impressed me.

In the end I know I made the right call for me, but I do covet those 6 piston Brembo's when I see them. I wouldn't mind the extra cooling capacity either.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I was torn on the same call.

I ended up going with the premium because:

- I really preferred the Foundry wheels over the PP wheels.
-Felt like 3.73's were going to get old fast.
-I knew with either car I'd end up playing with the suspension to get the ride height were I wanted it.
-The stock 4 pistons brakes really impressed me.

In the end I know I made the right call for me, but I do covet those 6 piston Brembo's when I see them. I wouldn't mind the extra cooling capacity either.
I feel the same way about the Brembos. You can upgrade to the 50th Anniversary ones for like $800 or $850 I believe, which I plan to do this summer. I also went with the 20", they look good, came with the same summer ties as the PP wheels, and when you get the 20in wheels from the factory you get the cowl brace. They are pricey though for the 20in wheel setup, and I think they upped the price now since you have to add the summer tires as an option on top of the wheels.

OP
OP

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
I think I'll go and drive them both what's the difference between the torsion rear end and the standard one? I also found a used 2016 with 15k miles for 28k it's a premium pp. is that a good used price or should I see he will go down it's a dealer.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I think it would cost substantially more to piece it together vs. the incremental cost of the PP.
Sponsored