Sponsored

Opinions needed on a 2017 GT PP or Premium..

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
Alright guys this is my first post on this site but I've had a couple of mustangs in the past a 98 cobra and 03 cobra. I'm looking at getting into a s550 and was wondering the dealership closes to me has a few premiums not PP and they have a few base with PP. if you had the option which would you go for. The price difference between the two that I'm looking at is about 2k. I love interior and features of the premium. But I also like brembos, wheels, 3.73 that the PP has. I don't want to go all out and get a premium PP because I plan on putting some money into a supercharger. Let me know what you guys would opt for a base PP or a premium non PP. Thanks for any help
Sponsored

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack
I would go with the PP and call it a day. All the tech is nice but what you get with the PP for the price will be good with the SC.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Depends. For me I opted for the premium package because the car is a daily driver and I wanted the creature comforts.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If you plan on doing race courses, get the PP, if you plan on
doing 1/4 miles get the premium

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
DD - Premium
Cruiser - PP all day

I didn't need all the premium features as I have a Lexus IS250 for a DD so I figured PP was worth it for the gearing, 6spd, performance upgrades and lighter weight. So far the only thing I find myself wanting from premium is the rear bumper for the swappable aftermarket valances.

Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Alright guys this is my first post on this site but I've had a couple of mustangs in the past a 98 cobra and 03 cobra. I'm looking at getting into a s550 and was wondering the dealership closes to me has a few premiums not PP and they have a few base with PP. if you had the option which would you go for. The price difference between the two that I'm looking at is about 2k. I love interior and features of the premium. But I also like brembos, wheels, 3.73 that the PP has. I don't want to go all out and get a premium PP because I plan on putting some money into a supercharger. Let me know what you guys would opt for a base PP or a premium non PP. Thanks for any help
The Brembos make the PP the best choice.

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
DD - Premium
Cruiser - PP all day

I didn't need all the premium features as I have a Lexus IS250 for a DD so I figured PP was worth it for the gearing, 6spd, performance upgrades and lighter weight. So far the only thing I find myself wanting from premium is the rear bumper for the swappable aftermarket valances.

Agree. Mine will be a DD so I ordered premium. Only option I wish I would have added that I didn't was the 401a.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I ordered mine as a Premium and the PP. Best of both worlds. I didn't like how the non PP rode honestly.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dig through the couches for change and spring for the Premium PP.

Trust me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
The only premium pp I can find are running about 34-35k they have a grabber blue color that I really like premium no pp that they can come down to 30k it's been sitting for a while. And The base pp they have in pretty much any color except grabber blue and there asking 28k for those. I do have another vehicle but this one would be dailied pretty much.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I got both the PP and Premium when I bought my 2015 S550. No regrets. Like many others, the suspension on the non-PP was way too soft - it was an easy decision. Good luck!

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Both options are equally worth the $
I got both options & little extra on the side

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I have both. If I had to do it again and could only pick one, it would be premium.

You can mostly piece together a PP after the fact if you want.
Sponsored