crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anybody bought and installed this yet? Help?

I waited three weeks for this thing. I finally get it yesterday and start the box-opening. Lights look good and this is supposed to be a direct bolt up for the Mustang in place of the OEMs. There's a flat bracket for this. I don't see how it's supposed to work. I haven't matched everything up yet, but I just replaced the turn signals the other night so I had all of this apart. The OEM bracket mounting ears do not mount flat. I just really do not want to take out the bazillion 7mm bolts and million push pins to look at it face to face if isn't going to work--especially when I just did it the night before.

It gets better. I paid an extra $20 for what I thought was a adapter wiring harness for the lights. What I got was a spliceable pigtail. Really?

The instructions the kit came with are very general, so they're no help. They have pictures on their website of these installed on a Mustang, so why weren't installation instructions written then?

Sorry. I'm a little cranky and fired up. Any help would be awesome.
Sponsored

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
They seem pretty cool, at least in the fog light area not sure how i feel about adding them to the grille (Tho i do wish these lights had a higher beam angle ) but what are ya gonna do.

OP
OP

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I should probably clarify that I got the OEM replacement version. I'm making progress on getting them installed. Although, it looks like I'm going to have to author a DIY for these.

I did hear back from Rally Innovations, but they weren't a huge bit of help. Basically, I have to build the electrical adapters with parts they've provided. I also have to figure out the polarity of the OEM plugs before I start soldering and what-not. For what these lights cost, I'm none too pleased with the install yet.

OP
OP

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just finished tackling this. I took pictures and made an instruction sheet if anyone runs into the same problem. I emailed it to Rally Innovations to provide in the kits. I don't know that they will, but if anyone wants a copy, it's a Word doc that I can email.

Oh, and these lights are crazy bright! I literally just finished installing, so I don't have any nighttime experience with them yet, but I have high hopes. This is with the combo lens. It looks like the lens can be easily swapped for different focus' and amber colored.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Bump from the dead!

Did you get the Pro version of the lights or the regular ones?

My pro versions and brackets were just delivered, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to use a relay or if the factory wiring is sufficient.

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
The instructions were super generic, not Mustang specific at all.

Were your troubles with the wiring or the mounting? Wiring is easy for me, so that's no biggie.

Either way, if you could send me what you made that would be awesome.

phoneofjustin at the gmails.

Grassy ass.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Yeah, I ordered mine from Baja. They happen to also sell the Rally Innovations bracket as well. I think I ordered them Friday and they were delivered today. Not too shabby.

OP
OP

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah, I ordered mine from Baja. They happen to also sell the Rally Innovations bracket as well. I think I ordered them Friday and they were delivered today. Not too shabby.
That's good to know. I wouldn't order from Rally Innovations again if I had the choice. I don't think Baja Designs had them on their site when I got mine. Just sent you the instructions.

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Those are fantastic instructions. Thank you very much sir.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Link to kit?

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang