Sponsored

AU Delivery Checklist

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
So it looks like there has been mention of a few mustang specific things people are recommending the dealer do or don't do when picking up the mustang.

I thought it might be useful to try and keep an updated checklist in one place for these.

As a start:
- keep numberplate holders off
- leave stickers on
- check panel alignment
- check paint spots

EDIT - for updated checklist:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1424488
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
There is a more detailed checklist on the UK section that has been stuck to the top. check it out.

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
Hi guys,

Below is a list of things I believe everyone should look over before accepting their car from the dealer, these are in no particular order!

• Panel Alignments - Check them all. Refuse anything else. Boot lid alignment aswell.
  • F5 SD card for Maps (Nav only), some come with F4 (out of date) - Ask your dealer to upgrade this. NAV/SHAKER pro pack only. Comes in Center Console / arm rest SD Card slot
  • Rear Window alignment / not shaking
  • Bonnet Pinch (Center of bonnet is pinched in) - FIX: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40731
  • Under-spray in the correct places, not haphazardly done
  • Wire Loom fix input (Heat resistor on loom) - IMPORTANT. If it is not done, arrange your dealer order the parts IMMEDIATELY and book yourself in to get it fixed. Better safe than sorry. GT ONLY
  • Tyre pressures
  • 'Delivery Mileage'
  • Plates put on as you asked (Holder or 'stuck on')
  • Window sticker (if you wish to keep it)
  • Paint swirls/Spiderwebs - Incorrectly 'prepared for pickup'
  • Scratches or marks on anything
  • If financed - correct finance deal in place - READ THE SMALL PRINT
  • Correct price
  • Spare Tyre kit in place in the boot
  • Two keys with the car (Key blade in the key fobs as well)
  • Gear shifter doesn't make 'noises' (Might have to mention this to your dealer so they're aware before hand)
  • No dodgy paint work - Bubbles/silicone on the paint
  • No Dents anywhere
  • No Dirt anywhere
  • Proper 'Sync' installed (If Sync 3 is installed, don't mention it to your dealer :lol:)
  • Check operation of all lights
  • Check all levels, oil, water, brake fluid etc
  • Ask if they can put the car on a ramp to check steering suspension and brakes.
  • Individual Tonneau Caps should be in boot convertibles ONLY.
  • Check mirror's are operational and fold properly
  • Leather Trim of seats (and other parts) as per - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1049339&posted=1#post1049339
  • Engine coolant levels
  • Locking wheel nuts fitted
  • Trunk / boot light functioning
  • Check service book for warranty stamp / PDI stamps
So that's my list, if there's anything worth adding please tell me so I know to add it to my list - and i'll add it.

This is set up to help those picking up their cars soon who might not know what to look for, or have missed previous peoples issues.

Thanks all for the additional points, seems we've got a quite comprehensive list now :)!
Quite a lot... I have removed a couple of items like the spare tyre or the extra ÂŁ500. Also in the UK and Europe in general for what is in standard for us (performance and premium pack) they have to purchase extra.
Also not sure what is the F5 SD card and the wire loom

Last edited:

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I thought someone was making an Australian list a few weeks ago. I can't remember who.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I thought someone was making an Australian list a few weeks ago. I can't remember who.
That would be me, will post it here shortly

edit: I don't have it with me at work so will post it when I get home. I've tidied it up a bit since last posted

Last edited:

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Here's what I have put together to date.

Please let me know any additions or changes that people think need to be made.

Paintwork/Bodywork

• Panel Alignments - Check them all. Be prepared to refuse delivery if alignments are poor. Check boot lid alignment as well. Run your fingers under the edges of the panels and around the bumper/fender gaps.

• Bonnet Pinch (Center of bonnet is pinched in) - FIX Details Here (requires latch adjustment): http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40731

• Check rear “GT” or “Mustang Pony” panel alignment. If the black panel isn’t aligned correctly it’s the boot itself that needs to be realigned, not the rear deck panel itself.

• In the UK there have been issues reported with under-spray haphazardly done, and not in the correct place. It’s not clear whether this is applicable to Australian delivery vehicles, but would require inspection on a hoist. Up to the individual if you want to go as far as to arrange a hoist inspection.

• Paint swirls/Spider-Webs - Incorrectly 'prepared for pickup'. Also look for paint coverage issues in not visible places on doors, boot, around bolts in the doors and frame etc. There have been many instances where Ford Australia is correcting paint problems.

o No poor paintwork – bubble/silicone on the paint
o No dents anywhere
o No dirt anywhere
o No areas where paint hasn’t been applied where it should be

• Rear Window alignment / not shaking

• Check the door jambs for paint coverage. Inside, where the doors are hung at the front and latch at the rear. Around your compliance plates and latches etc. There have been Few defects on some.

Interior

• Glove box is correctly aligned. Problems reported with this have required replacement of the glove box. Also check that the badges are stuck on the glovebox properly.

In Car Entertainment System

• Check the version of the Sat Nav SD card. Comes in Center Console / arm rest SD Card slot

• Digital Radio Working – problems have been reported where it’s not working and requires a patch (presume this is firmware to support AUS DAB++)

• Proper 'Sync' installed version installed (Sync 3 post June 2016)

Engine Compartment

• Wire Loom fix input (Heat resistor on loom) - IMPORTANT. If it is not done, arrange your dealer order the parts IMMEDIATELY and book yourself in to get it fixed. Better safe than sorry. GT ONLY (The wiring loom fix is basically dumbed down to 'Tin foil and cable ties' around a wiring loom that is close to the engine. Every car should have this on, it's basically a heat shield that protects the loom. This issue has come about after a customer’s car's engine caught alights and was written off, the solution was to heat shield the loom that is near to the engine) – note as at July 2016 this issue appears to be resolved.

• All fluid reservoirs have caps fitted correctly

General

• Tyre pressures correct

• Tyre pressure monitoring system working

• Fluid levels

• Pony light projections aren’t distorted (numerous reports of deterioration of projection post-delivery. The lens module needs to be replaced.)

• Delivery Mileage' – Check Odometer reading

• Plates correctly applied - Check they haven't put on those hideous plate holders if you didn't want them

• Tail light condensation (check post-delivery)

• Electric windows work and rubber doesn’t catch

• Central Locking works

• Wipers work

• Electric Mirrors function & fold correctly

• Headlights, tail lights, brake lights function - check operation of all lights

• Third brake light – check that it is properly aligned. Some are narrower at one corner. Not an easy fix though. Might have to tolerate a small difference

• Scratches or marks on anything

• All extras ordered have been added to the car – Cargo liner if ordered

• Locking wheel nuts fitted and unlocking key is present. If you have requested not to have locking wheel nuts, ensure you don’t have them.

• Trunk / boot light functioning

• Check it doesn't have a 'stepping on a loose manhole' sound when putting into gear or into research (rear transmission flange issue/driveshaft apparently).

• Air-con works, heated seats work

Auto Transmission

• There is a rear transmission flange issue that is relatively common. It sounds like someone walking over a loose manhole when putting into gear or into reverse.

Documentation etc.
• Correct price – ensure invoice price aligns with purchase agreement

• Two keys with the car (Key blade in the key fobs as well)

• Manuals/service books

• Window sticker is present (if you have requested Dealer to retain). Some Dealers have reported that Window stickers have been torn on some of their deliveries. In fairness there’s nothing the Dealer can do about this other than to perhaps print you another one from researchmechanics on a colour printer

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8 coyote

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
My bad

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Need to get some feedback now from owners taking delivery and using the list please.

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Frostee, thanks! A couple of things:

"Locking wheel nuts fitted" - or not fitted if you don't want them (I don't), and need to ensure you have the lock nut key if you do, otherwise you are in big trouble.

You might want to add the rear transmission flange issue that is relatively common. Sounds like someone walking over a loose manhole when putting into gear or reverse.

Not sure how you check the under-spray at delivery.

This list should be a sticky too as it will be very useful when the day comes.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Cheers mate,,will,add them

Re under spray I reckon you would need to. Get it on a hoist

Last edited:

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers mate,,will,add them

Re under spray I recon you would need to. Get it on a hoist
Yep, when you put a proper exhaust on it :).

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Honest question about the under spray; what am I supposed to look for?

I know the poms are constantly rabbiting on about the poor underseal applied to their cars (see: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51125), but as I understand it, US and Canadian cars don't have underseal and I wouldn't have expected to find it on our cars either.

Since I don't expect underseal in the same way the folks in the UK do, how do i know if there is a problem or not?

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It's all well and good, but if you want it on a hoist make sure you try to arrange it before you turn up to take delivery.. If you don't know what you're looking for, bring someone who does.

Also check the badges are stuck on the glovebox properly.
Run your fingers under the edges of the panels and around the bumper/fender gaps.
Window stickers have been torn on a fair few of my deliveries, nothing I can do apart from print you another one on our colour printer from researchmaniacs.
Don't forget to check the door jambs too.
Sponsored