Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
160. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (available early 2017) and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer. Requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS and active data service. SYNC does not control Apple CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple, Apple CarPlay, iPhone, Apple Maps, and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Just in case anyone wants to get their torches and pitchforks ready... Footnote 160 has been changed, and a promise broken... again.:frusty::rant:

"early 2017" is definitely not as concrete as "late 2016" as it was previously written.

16 calendar days, or 6 business days remain.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So far, my non nave upgrade works as well as it should I guess. Audible works great, as well as maps and iheartradio
did you finally do the update?

Well my SYNC system is still reporting v1.0 after updating yesterday and after sitting all night and multiple miles driven today with quite a few power cycles. Very strange as everything seems to be working great including android auto. :shrug::headbonk:
I only know how to do the "with nav" option updating, non-nav updates are 2 parts, I forgot to ask you which one you have:shrug:

How can I check to see if my car is compatible with this update? I've tried reading a lot of this thread, but it's 89 pages long :eyebulge:

I have a 16 gt base model, with the small screen.
you need the full touch screen, but nonetheless if you got android phone you can still download android auto app from google playstore and you use it as it if were in the car:cool::thumbsup:

fazelanvari

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EcoBoost Premium
New member. Hi, guys!

Updated non-nav last night. Works ok, except for 2 things so far:

1. Maps and icons within Maps are zoomed all weird and are unusable, as if the DPI is wrong. All the other apps have the correct aspect ratio. Navigation works if I don't look at the map with the popup green notifications.

2. No audio in my Smart AudioBook reader app. Don't know what's up with that.
I might have found a solution for my Maps issue over at Android Central. I'll update once I get back out to my car and try it out.

My phone is an HTC 10, which has Boost+. It has a feature that optimizes screen resolution to save battery. Usually there's no need to run Maps at 1440p, so it would make sense that it would be included...however it messes up Android Auto.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
couldn't help it make a meme about how us android users feeling (or at least me) right now. [MENTION=15716]m.a.s.e[/MENTION]
73971738.jpg

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
couldn't help it make a meme about how us android users feeling (or at least me) right now.
but we got mario run today!!

:frusty::shrug::clap2::headbonk:

Sponsored

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Non-NAV upgrade to SYNC 2.2 went off without a hitch.

Now that we have Android Auto, what are the best apps for this platform, other than Google Maps (which is admittedly YUGE for me)?

Voice texting is pretty useful. Anything else?

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Anyway to revert back? I lost my SIRI button and didn't gain anything useful. SIRI button was great for sending text messages and such.

Sponsored

homegrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Manual CO
Anyway to revert back? I lost my SIRI button and didn't gain anything useful. SIRI button was great for sending text messages and such.
I still have the SIRI button after the upgrade

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
couldn't help it make a meme about how us android users feeling (or at least me) right now. [MENTION=15716]m.a.s.e[/MENTION]
lmao thats great! sucks that I have an isheep wife so I need to do the usb upgrade at some point :headbonk:

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
I've got a 15 and 16, and after one day with AA I've decided to retrofit AA into the 15. For what I want to do with music and maps it's that good.
Mine was a day 1 2016 production car. Guess what the reason was I waited.
Sponsored

Reactions: 113