Sponsored

No gauge lights sometimes.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wondering if anyone has seen there gauge lights not light up during the daytime. It's happened to my '16 twice now. I can't see the speedo or any of the other dash items when it happens as that area is pretty dark. Wondering if I can get out of speeding tickets or get in an accident if it would fall back on Ford for faulty/non-visible speedometer?
Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
lol.

The gauge lights are not supposed to light up during the daytime. Theres a sensor on your dash that has a light eye to engage the change.

put a peice of dark cloth over it and see if its looking like what you're describing after a few minutes.

As for the comment on putting it on ford because you cant drive between two lines without a gauge, good luck.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
lol.

The gauge lights are not supposed to light up during the daytime. Theres a sensor on your dash that has a light eye to engage the change.

put a peice of dark cloth over it and see if its looking like what you're describing after a few minutes.

As for the comment on putting it on ford because you cant drive between two lines without a gauge, good luck.
Well damn, guess I'm the village idiot today. Lol. Yeah, I guess twice in the last couple of days my eyes caught the light trigger on. My brain just told me "hey that delay didn't seem right, sure was dark before". Thanks for the clarification.
Sponsored