Sponsored

2018 GT Auto - Available with the performance pack ??

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
Does anyone know if this will be a combination that you'll be able to order?
Sponsored

OP
OP

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhh. That's huge!!!!!! Amen.

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think this tells us that Ford never really felt the 6R80 was capable, at least in the sense as an upgraded "Performance Package" car.

On the 2013-14 GT you could at least get the Brembo brake package with an Auto, but I'm still surprised Ford never offered the GT PP brakes as a separate package.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I think this tells us that Ford never really felt the 6R80 was capable, at least in the sense as an upgraded "Performance Package" car.

On the 2013-14 GT you could at least get the Brembo brake package with an Auto, but I'm still surprised Ford never offered the GT PP brakes as a separate package.
What about it would not be capable?

Sponsored

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not sure that is entirely accurate. I think Ford was more trying to make an effort to rejuvenate manual transmission sales since the 6r80 outsells the mt82 by a lot (81% of 2015's are auto, and likely increasing) and, from my understanding, there was a lot of complaints on the 2011-2014 mt82 transmission. By making the performance pack manual only, it gave extra incentive to anyone on the fence between a manual and an auto, or more importantly, another car brand. It also gave additional reason for current owners to upgrade and/or stick with the manual.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
That's not true at all.The 6R80 is more than capable and as we all know much stronger than the manual transmission.

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
The 6R80 by name itself can handle up to 800 FT-LBs of torque. That's a pretty strong transmission if you ask me.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I'm not sure that is entirely accurate. I think Ford was more trying to make an effort to rejuvenate manual transmission sales since the 6r80 outsells the mt82 by a lot (81% of 2015's are auto, and likely increasing) and, from my understanding, there was a lot of complaints on the 2011-2014 mt82 transmission. By making the performance pack manual only, it gave extra incentive to anyone on the fence between a manual and an auto, or more importantly, another car brand. It also gave additional reason for current owners to upgrade and/or stick with the manual.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
That's not true at all.The 6R80 is more than capable and as we all know much stronger than the manual transmission.
The 6R80 by name itself can handle up to 800 FT-LBs of torque. That's a pretty strong transmission if you ask me.
Uniformed Chebbie guy trolling??? :rolleyes:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Actually, it's rated to handle 800 newton-meters (which is 590 lb-ft), which is still plenty stout.

My 6R80 has seen about 300 passes at our local dragstrips and launches at 5,000 rpm's (aftermarket stall converter) and has been bullet proof. The 6R80 is one of the toughest transmissions on the market from an OEM.

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Actually, it's rated to handle 800 newton-meters (which is 590 lb-ft), which is still plenty stout.

My 6R80 has seen about 300 passes at our local dragstrips and launches at 5,000 rpm's (aftermarket stall converter) and has been bullet proof. The 6R80 is one of the toughest transmissions on the market from an OEM.
Yeah, and we don't anything about that new 10 speeder - I've heard some bad feedback from Raptor users...if they start in the same manner as the 8 speed MOPAR model(zillion recalls and problems)than I would stick to 6R80 without any regrets!

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
The problem with the 6R80 is the slow downshifts, and hesitation when using the manual shifting paddles or buttons on the stalk. It was fine for WOT acceleration, but sucked at road course track duty.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
The problem with the 6R80 is the slow downshifts, and hesitation when using the manual shifting paddles or buttons on the stalk. It was fine for WOT acceleration, but sucked at road course track duty.
I have no idea what you're talking about...

OP
OP

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 6R80 in my 2014 with a TVS atop my Coyote and I beat that car like a red headed step child and I can attest first hand that the 6R80 was impressive. The thing is. The 6R80 was not a great shifting trans with a stock tune but I will say once Mr. Starkey tuned mine the auto was altogether different. Any sluggishness was gone and it was like lightning.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Oh god, here we go. Auto owners getting triggered.

The question is, who in here with an auto tracks their car (not DRAG) and what is their experience? That's all we need to know. We know the auto is better for shift points when it comes to drag racing but that's different than track racing. How quick are the up and downshifts when it's important.

I would be nice to see a head to head same spec'd Mustangs in auto and PP 3.73 on a course and see who wins.

Not the same cars but the ZL1 did better in manual than the A10 speed on the track.
Sponsored