Sponsored

Improved the driving experience

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
...I switched from the tripometer to just the miles to empty screen!

Might seem simple but it was screwing me up. I kept trying to get the most of out of my tank (in a car not built for economy!) and, in some sense, cringing when the mpg's went down. When I took it off the screen I could care less and I let er' rip!!

What screen do you set your computer at when driving? Maybe one that shows engine performance or something along those lines?

-Emt1581
Sponsored

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
During the winter, I kept it on the tire pressure one all the time, because potholes everywhere. I usually just keep it on the trip meter, though. I honestly don't care what my MPGs are, though. I just like the layout of the info.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I usually go with tire pressure. Or cylinder head temps. I could care less about mpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What screen do you set your computer at when driving? Maybe one that shows engine performance or something along those lines?
I watch oil temperature at the start of a drive to make sure the oil temp is well into the green zone before high RPM use. Then I'll switch to A/F ratio when getting on it hard, and if driving mellow will usually have the tire pressure monitor up or the fuel info.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I use the oil temp and the PP oil pressure gauge to know when it's okay to step on it. Once warm, I switch it to the trip screen. In slow traffic, I'll switch to the "gauge mode" to keep an eye on intake and cyl head temps. On track, I kept it on the oil temp idiot gauge screen.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
FYI guys if you enable launch control, the LC icon won't come up until the oil is up to temp. That way you can watch whatever else you want and still get the same info.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Trip screen. I don't care too much about mpg, but like to have that screen up for all the info it has. I wish there was a digital speedo without going into dev mode.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
usually just leave on the gauges screen. dont really pay that much attention to anything on there. i just try to make sure im not speeding too ridiculously fast everywhere i go

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I uses the quad screen.

I don't care about the mpg either, but I use it as a fun meter. The lower it is the more fun I've had lol

Sponsored

Jaehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
used to have the trip screen on but after doing the blower install it's always AFR now.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I keep mine on tire pressure usually... why should anything fuel related need to be monitored? You have a gas gauge.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I leave mine on oil temp for the same reasons like others said, mainly to make sure everything is warmed up enough before high rpms. I'll switch to the mpg screen for road trips though.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase