Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Can it be removed easily?

I'd really like for it to be gone, is this something that can be done with a banana and duct-tape?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Well, I see that if you remove the chrome Pony, there's still the outline molded in the black plastic of the grill.

Looks like the answer is a replacement grill FoMoCo makes without that molded outline, bit it appears as if you have to remove the bumper to replace it.

Jesus Ford, make this easier please.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Have to add a heat wrench to the list. :lol: the grille has a mold that the pony sits in. Remove pony and have ugly outline with holes showing. I blacked mine out with plasti dip. To cheap to replace grille with custom mesh one.
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Have to add a heat wrench to the list. :lol: the grille has a mold that the pony sits in. Remove pony and have ugly outline with holes showing. I blacked mine out with plasti dip. To cheap to replace grille with custom mesh one.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Just plasti dip it. I think I even have some at home.

Thanks for the picture, it really helps to see what it would look like. Did you get a spray can of Plasti Dip and tape up the rest of the grill?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Yes. Also I find,in my case. Spray the first coat on medium( starting to cover the chrome with black). Let sit a few minutes. Then next 2 coats I put on wet. It dries with a smoother finish. I hold the can closer as I spray than most people. It will peel off if you mess up. Also pull off tape while it is still wet. :cheers:

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate everyone having different tastes..but why does it seems like everyone wants to get rid of the iconic pony badges... It's part of the mustang lore...i think some people don't want others to know it's a mustang..just trying to understand people's viewpoint on this..

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Yes. Also I find,in my case. Spray the first coat on medium( starting to cover the chrome with black). Let sit a few minutes. Then next 2 coats I put on wet. It dries with a smoother finish. I hold the can closer as I spray than most people. It will peel off if you mess up. Also pull off tape while it is still wet. :cheers:
Thanks for the info. I most assuredly would have f'd it up if you hadn't shared your experience. Would have ended up with a flat-black car or something.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I appreciate everyone having different tastes..but why does it seems like everyone wants to get rid of the iconic pony badges... It's part of the mustang lore...i think some people don't want others to know it's a mustang..just trying to understand people's viewpoint on this..
Because Bullitt car......on a budget.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
For me I really love the way the grille looks like a jet intake and reminds me of my old Air Force days. And jet intakes don't typically have large chrome logos in the center. It also improves the contrast of a white car with a black grille.

My first mod was an RTR grille for this reason.

Also I don't mind if people know it's a Mustang, I left the back logo on for that reason.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Can it be removed easily?

I'd really like for it to be gone, is this something that can be done with a banana and duct-tape?

Thanks.
I think I know you:p

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I really don't think removing the running horse emblem is going to keep people from realizing what model car it is.

The Mustang is instantly recognizable and has been since inception.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
What I dont like about it is, there is no chrome on the car except for a large emblem on the front and the back. I dont like that.
50 yrs ago, the cars had chrome on them, but they dont now so it looks out of place. I would love to paint both of my emblems the same as body color, but I'm not sure how that would look either.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
FYI, the small mounting tabs on the pony have clips that are basically impossible to remove (at least if you're doing this with the grill mounted). What many people do is break them off from behind (it's easy to reach with the radiator cover removed).

So then you wind up with a badge without mounting tabs, so what I did, was to fill the back (since it's hollow) with epoxy, when it hardened I had a filled, flush rear surface, then I just used 3M trim tape. No problems with alignment since it sits in a frame (and the little nubs of the old tabs still match up with the holes).

I used some old medium gloss rattle can I had sitting around, it was actually appliance paint!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
What I dont like about it is, there is no chrome on the car except for a large emblem on the front and the back. I dont like that.
50 yrs ago, the cars had chrome on them, but they dont now so it looks out of place. I would love to paint both of my emblems the same as body color, but I'm not sure how that would look either.
Ya shoulda ordered the 50th Anniversay Pkg...love all my chrome....eve the tail light surrounds. Get a lot of people asking where I bought them!! Not too many of these 2015 models around here!
image.jpeg
Sponsored