2016 GT PP Shadow Black
rat poison around your car might get you a dead rat in there stinking it up
Sponsored

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Coincidentally, I was watching rat trap videos before this and I just remembered a trap that would be perfect for your situation.
Rat Trap (don't ask why, but these videos are interesting and pass time LOL)

You should honestly do that, inexpensive and works, along with everything else was recommended and I don't think you'll have problems!
I was going to post this EXACT video!
Works like a charm.

No need to tend to it often, and if you put antifreeze in the liquid it works year round. For rats, I'd improvise. Rig a 50 gallon drum with a spinning whatever and put oil at the bottom (cant swim in oil).

*After seeing that video a couple weeks ago, I made two of them. I keep one in my firewood pile, and one along side of my garage by my garbage cans. I got NINE mice the first week, and a couple every few days ever since. The problem I have is that the squirrels get the peanut butter every day, so I have to re-bait them daily. But if the traps are placed indoors they're good for quite a long time.
Fun new hobby.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was going to post this EXACT video!
Works like a charm.

No need to tend to it often, and if you put antifreeze in the liquid it works year round. For rats, I'd improvise. Rig a 50 gallon drum with a spinning whatever and put oil at the bottom (cant swim in oil).

*After seeing that video a couple weeks ago, I made two of them. I keep one in my firewood pile, and one along side of my garage by my garbage cans. I got NINE mice the first week, and a couple every few days ever since. The problem I have is that the squirrels get the peanut butter every day, so I have to re-bait them daily. But if the traps are placed indoors they're good for quite a long time.
Fun new hobby.
Smart squirrels haha!:cheers:

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Rats....

When I was storing my '69 GTO, I had a similar problem. There were times when I was away from home, for months and months......Two very simple solutions worked very effectively for me.

Get some Irish Spring Soap. Cut in cubes, drill holes and wrap a wire through and around the soap. Then, tie them under the hood in several locations Also, as someone else has mentioned, laundry dryer sheets such as "Bounce", worked very well. Just make sure to keep changing them and place them inside the car as well. By using both of these methods, you will not find another nest.

Last edited:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
the general consensus on most sites that deal with this as far as repellents go, the dryer sheets and mothballs. I use both in the winter for storage, place a small plastic container with the moth balls under the hood and use the dryer sheets inside the car.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
This is the exact issue I am dealing with. I have no garage and rats love my car. They have nested and chewed two coil pack wires already. It has been fixed once and they came back the next night and started all over again. It goes in to be repaired, yet again, on Tuesday. I have even tried rat poison, repellents (smelly kind and peppermint) and nothing seems to work. Now my car just smells bad. I am considering looking for a new apartment.
Sponsored