Steeda clutch spring install issue

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I won't argue that, sadly your car won't move without it.
Aren't there people that just yank the spring (and plastic) out??

My understanding is that doing that can potentially screw up the gears/clutch in some way but I think some still do it.

-Emt1581
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda's spring perch as an extremely low quantity production with a lot baked into the price on top of the usual high per unit cost of low quantity product. The company has to cut a profit and pay its employee benefits just like yours. It ain't cheap, yeah it's probably still overpriced considering, but... go find it elsewhere. From Ford, you have to buy the entire g'dam clutch pedal and as far as I'm concerned, I'd be thanking Steeda for the option to spend still less and fix what I (not Steeda) broke. If you can 3D print it and sell it for less... please do it. You'll learn very quickly how few people buy it after spending thousands to advertise your product just on this forum alone, let alone trying to make the effort worth your while and maintaining your 3D printing machine(s)... the list goes on. Steeda also makes it in... THE USA.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

My understanding is that doing that can potentially screw up the gears/clutch in some way but I think some still do it.

-Emt1581
I drove with no spring for approx 25,000 miles and had no issues. The pedal had a little slop at the top, which could cause a bleed passage in the hydraulic circuit to get blocked that gets exposed when the pedal is all the way up. The Steeda spring retains all the feel but keeps the pedal up.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Thanks [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION]

Just as an addition, the reason Steeda make it is that Ford don't make the perch available separately, only the entire assembly which costs realllly big money. So Steeda are SAVING you a ton of money, not costing you money. 8)

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Funny how people break an oem part that is as simple to remove replace as can be and then bitch about the price an aftermarket company charges to replace.

Replacing that spring was a huge upgrade. I honestly couldn't believe how much it helped even after reading so many people say to do it.

I saw on Amazon someone didn't like the feel of the s550 steeeda spring and ordered the s197 spring from steeda which has a different spring rate. He (she?) never updated on if it worked better or not

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

-Emt1581
Yea I appologize, I had a dumb moment.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black

-Emt1581
Just a lot of unfounded speculation. Even Steeda is just making an educated guess based on the wording in their part description. Personally, my needlenose grips slipped off and the retainer broke. I haven't put it back in. It's just an 8th inch of pedal slop that if pulled up with the toe doesn't return to sloppy position until the clutch is depressed and released again. I personally believe it has absolutely no effect on anything.

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
41k miles and it looks like my slave cylinder is starting to leak. Having a steeda spring shouldn’t void my warranty right? My primary reason for going with the steeda spring was to potentially prevent premature wear. Sorry for reviving an old post.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
41k miles and it looks like my slave cylinder is starting to leak. Having a steeda spring shouldn’t void my warranty right? My primary reason for going with the steeda spring was to potentially prevent premature wear. Sorry for reviving an old post.
If available - put your OE spring back in as it may be easier from a warranty stand point.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Depends on if the dealer wants to be a dick or not. However, are slave cylinders covered past 36k miles?

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Depends on if the dealer wants to be a dick or not. However, are slave cylinders covered past 36k miles?
It’s not a wear item. Should be covered under the Powertrain warranty.
Sponsored